Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
Last week we had a REALLY great time hosting Sean Cummings and his girlfriend Heather Jones. We have gotten to know them as a family at a few of the contests we have gone to. Sean is an Inland Surfer rider and I would have to say an all around good guy. I am very protective of my kids and I remember noticing this young guy messing around with Maddie (11), T-Bone (8), and Jesse (4). This always grabs my attention, because most young guys don't pay much attention to young kids. I saw right away that he was genuinely playing with them and they really enjoyed his company. So you can say that I couldn't help but like Sean right away. He invited us to meet up with him sometime to demo some IS boards for the kids.

Heather was also very playful with my kids, and my older girls really liked her. I think they said something like, "she is really nice, and isn't a ho at all". Girls are tough, aren't they? Anyway, Heather is cute as a button and the best way I could describe her is a line from a TV show we watch sometimes called the IT Crowd.

"She has SPUNK and BALLS, and I like that in a woman."

When they first came to the house we ate lunch and got ready for our first session on the lake. Heather started talking about one of her favorite movies, "Anchorman". I told her I liked ferrell in several movies, but Anchorman wasn't my favorite. She stopped, gave me this look like she wanted to rip out my heart with a spoon, and said "Well you are just a big blueberry." You have to picture that she is 5 foot nothing, and maybe 110lbs and she is standing directly in front of this 6'2" 400lb mexican and looked like she was ready to take me on if necessary. I think I told Sean she was definitely a keeper at that point.

So we took lots of pictures and video. Sean and I also filmed 4 "How To" videos that will be in our new 201 series showing you how to do several tricks. I am very excited and will finish these up in the next few days. So on to the pictures, I have about 200, and I have widdled down to about 70, I am going to see how many I can post here, I think you will enjoy.

**NOTE**
I normally don't post a bunch of pictures, its a bit time consuming. I wrote a piece of software that prepares the images perfectly for the ww requirements, so makes it alot easier. I just prepared 70 images by dragging them on my software and it took about 2 mins. So hopefully this will make the process more streamlined. I am all about WORKFLOW.

Now on to the images, these are in time sequence.

Throwing a 180 shuvit

Didn't make the first one, and he does his signature "fail" move, asking God "Why?" lol

Did I mention she was a keeper? I think this was one of those faces she would give me when I said something sarcastic.

Sean riding backwards on his Moss. Makes it look as easy as riding forward.

Sean riding switch. He does this funny thing with his right arm, you will have to wait for the video. Funny thing was, when RJ was riding switch, he does the same thing.

This is a great shot of Sean throwing a 360 shuvit.

That green and black with the IS logo, looks great on the bottom of the board.

One of Sean's signature moves, the "Gun Show". Its a fun variation of Hanging 5. The pose looking up to the sky actually makes it harder to keep your balance, and is fun to do. We did a short "How To" video on this trick, along with the 180 shuvit, and backside 180 to switch.

Fire Hydrant

Just making my wake look good!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
How about some more?

Cool pic of spray as he cut into the wake with the rope. He thought it was funny when he would do this, and get us all wet on the back, and then have to clean the cameras. Funny. ;-)

Another 360 Shuvit shot.

I love it when you get a picture, and you just catch someone back there having fun. So many times you see frustration not pulling a trick, or just trying so hard. I love determination, but its also cool to just catch those images where you can see why someone wakesurfs. They love it. Its fun.

Sean likes finishing his session with a good "a$$" ride. Another great example of just having fun.

I would like to name this shot: "Really Glad Sean doesn't ride in speedos."
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
ok, its time for heather's ride. Heather makes my wake the wake on my Tige 24Ve look great. Not only due to the cuteness factor, but the way she rides allows you to see more of the wake. I like great pics of my wake, so Thanks Heather!

Heather trying out our JWSM board. This is actually Bre Horton's board. Thanks Bre.

I love this pic. It probably doesn't seem like much. When Sean missed a landing, he would do his "Why Lord?" pose. Heather just got pissed off, slapped the water hard, made a face and turned in disgust. Did I mention spunk AND balls?

There she goes, making my wake look good again.

I am glad we got this shot, it was a great crash, and she turned it into a dive at the last minute.

Love that determination. These are the kinda pictures board manufacturers should be using to sell boards. The internet is full of babes in bikinis, show me girls that can ride, and love to ride. I want my girls to be inspired by more girls like Heather, Bre, and Kit, and I know there are many more. Get out there and ride girls.

Heather does this little dance move like twist thing just before she cuts into the wake. This pic shows you just as she twists out before coming in. You will see it better when I put up the video.

I bet Tige could sell some boats with wake pictures like this. Did I mention we do this on BOTH sides with only water for ballast?

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
Wait, there's more!

Just having fun.

Here is a great series of pictures. She is working to do the gun show, and makes it her own.

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
Jesse really took to Sean. This is also a great pic of Sean in his $5 sunglasses he got at the fast trip on the way to the lake, and his $3 reno hat. He rides with the hat later. He said he doesn't like losing good hats.

Jesse and Sean again, and I think T-Bone is making his move on Heather. Watch out for those big brown eyes Heather.

Of course Whitney had to get in on the Gun Show.

Does she ever NOT smile? She had to keep a straight face for the previous pose, it was too much for her not to smile, so she then bursts out. Gotta love whitney.

T-Bone, trying to impress Heather. He was smitten.

T-Bone's not quite hang 5 gun show, riding his Walker Grom board.

I had to squeeze this in. Sean liked our wake, but I could tell he thought it was very good, but liked his enzo wake better. But when he saw us throw the same good wake on both sides, he was definitely impressed.

Maddie, riding the Walker JWSM. She doesn't have the feet right, but who cares, its all about the pose, right?

Here is a sequence, that I can only name one thing. "GROSS"

EEEWWWW!

Jessica also puts her finger in her mouth, but does it in her cute way.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
Ok, I think this is it. Last session of sean. Sorry for so many pictures, but I can't help it, I have a hard time editing down to just a few, and the new software made it pretty easy to post.

Gotta love the hat.

Having fun with the camera.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That's better.

Sean took the Walker Project JWSM for a spin.

Sean learned here that the JWSM is NOT as easy to ride backwards, but he did it.

That's IT! Once again, we had a great time, and Sean and Heather are welcome ANY time. Hope you enjoy the pics, and stay tuned for some great video.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-27-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Great shots! Looks like everyone had a blast!
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-27-2009, 10:29 PM Reply   
WOW. Great pics. I love the fact that your whole family loves to ride. Looks like you guys had an awesome time. I will be looking you up for a ride when I make it up to Nor Cal! Thanks for sharing.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2009, 12:48 AM Reply   
Would love to have you, meet up at the lake. As a matter of fact, I have some great video from Saturday, where someone did just that. I will be posting in a few days. Randy Morrell, a member here sent me an email and asked to hook up with us while he was on a floating campsite at lake oroville. So we went out and took his whole crew surfing for a few hours. Had a great time. They got to try out the new wake9.com cruiser we have been working on, tons of fun.

Yes, we all love to surf, and we love sharing it with new people.