Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-26-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I know I've seen these threads before, but just wanted to get your personal input one last time before I make a decision. I'm 17, live in Michigan, and want to head out of state for a wake camp for a couple days this summer. I'll most likely be traveling by myself, maybe with a friend, am am looking for a camp where I can get in a ton of riding in a unique spot, get some decent instruction to improve my riding, and just have an overall good time on the water. I'm an intermediate rider and have been looking at West Coast Camps in Cali and a couple schools in Florida.
What do you all recommend? Any personal experiences from you guys would be awesome.

Thanks in advance
Roddy
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
www.otownwatersports.com check them out.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-26-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
West Coast Camps is a must. Fly ouy with my Nephew from Iowa...he's 16 and is coming out to Schwennes camp second week in June with me. There's only one word to describe it....AWESOME.
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-26-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
West Coast Camps for sure. Mike and all of the other coaches are great, instruction is awesome and the double houseboat set up is killer.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-26-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
another vote for WCC, that place is insane, you will have a blast, all the coaches, (especailly rod) are a ton of fun and will make sure you have a good time.
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-27-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
WCC, older daughter 3 times, younger daughter 1 time, they love it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-27-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
Yeah WCC is an amazing place. The setup Schwenne has put together is top notch. His coaches are the most chill, fun group ever assembled. I would receommend it to anyone. Of the Florida camps I've heard the best about Murray's, The Wakeboard Camp and O'Town.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-27-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
look at acapulco getaways in Mexico where you can get coached by Darin Shapiro. if youve seen the wake film Updog, thats where most of it is filmed. glassy lake and sweet mountains. its alos right next to the pacific ocean so you can surf and they have other cool acivities. And Oh yeah, did i mention you can get coached by Darin Shapiro!!!!!!
Old     (therealpdiddy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-27-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
the boarding school... bar non rediculousness.....can't beat kickin it with shaun, Travis, and kyle...check em out

theboardingschool.com
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-27-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
WEST COAST CAMPS. i went 2 years in a row but wasn't able to make it last year. the house boat set up is sick. theres about 20 to 25 riders each week adn they're split up by your ability level into 4 boats. i'm not sure what boats they'll be running for this coming summer. i think theres 7 or 8 coaches and a full time cook. video games and every type of DVD ever made. and plenty of riding time. if i don't end up going to Can Cun for a week when the summer gets going i'll be heading to the camp again.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-27-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
WCC i worked there and rode there as a camper first employee seond and i can tell you its the best bar-none riding, and fun that's all there is too it. you'll come back having learned something for sure.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-27-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
www.orlandowake.com
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-27-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Mike is offering more available houseboat weeks this year up at Shasta as well.

http://thewakeboardcamp.com/
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-28-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
The boarding school is the best in my book. I learned so much and gained so much confidence in my ticks. Plus had a blast the whole time. Being around Shaun, Travis, Kyle, Roxy and Bocce every day was so much fun. I have all ready booked for spring break again.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       11-28-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
i second allie. shaun and travis are the best. i havnt met the other guys but im sure there cool too.
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-29-2007, 12:36 AM Reply   
There is also the wwwDeltaWakeboardCamp.com where you get to ride on the delta where the water is always smooth. They have a nice houseboat and also apartment for accomodations.
Old     (tpj)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-30-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
i know that your looking at camps down south, but over in wisconson is gordy bubolz wakeboard camp. people say that it's a good camp...and its a lot closer to home. you might just want to take a look wakeboardingcamp.com