Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       03-20-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
I'm thinking of giving the Koal a try but am unsure of the size. I'm 240 and have already surfed a broadcast for a while. I surf a Calabria team V that puts out a decent wave with factory ballast. Can I get away with the 5'0 or should I get the 5'6? I'll be the fattest person riding it LOL.

Thanks,
Brian
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-20-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
I had a 5' and it was ok for me, i'm 190. Don't know if a 5' will carry you unless your wave is a beast. I ended up selling mine after 2 seasons and had Soulcraft build me one. If I had to do it all over again, custom built would have been my first choice, the overseas stamped out boards are a waste of money (for me) now. Not tryin to bash any manufactures, so no need to flame me. Just sayin, now that I've ridden a custom build I'll never go back......
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       03-20-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
Thanks 911,
Totally understand that custom would be the way to go. I'm primarily a hydrofoiler and surfing will be something to change things up during the day so I'm looking for a price point board. Not necessarily the cheapest......but decent. I like to surf but I really don't see the need for an advanced board for what me and my crew will be doing.

I'm open to recommendations as well. Just found a good deal on the Koal so I was wondering which one would fit me better.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-20-2013, 5:29 PM Reply   
I would steer clear of a koal, those are garbage. I had one that delammed in about 2 weeks. I would get something that isnt fragile and fits in wakeboard racks to start
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       03-20-2013, 6:19 PM Reply   
XXX composite pro
Liquid force fish
Byerly hazard
Liquid force custom

Any of these decent for someone better than a beginner but not looking to go much farther? For a big dude too....
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
XXX composite pro , prob would be the best out of Brians list^^^
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
my Koal was warped/tweaked and had alot of cracks happenin with in the 2 years i owned it