Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=92471&catid=2
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
Darren that's great news, now if you could only get those MC owners to stop power turning on lake Samm..
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
nu bu, just admit you would power turn too if your boat could.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
OK OK I give .
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
what is a powerturn? why is it such a problem?
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       07-07-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
powerturn = after rider falls, accelerating thru the turn to pick up the rider. it sends rollers everywhere and makes people mad. proper way to pick up a rider is: after the fall, return boat to neutral. once rollers pass boat, put boat in idle and turn back around. once facing back towards rider, you may accelerate slightly, but try to keep the rollers down.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
I prefer this method:

Rider falls, put boat into neutral, turn wheel all the way to right or left. Boat will turn on top of the wave from it's forward momentum as it passes by the boat leaving nothing but flat water in front of you (hopefully). Return boat to forward gear never accelerating unless another boat is in the area.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-07-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
That is great news, especially for those that had lost their jobs!
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-07-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
Not to be negative but i see this as a mini gm. The only way out is probably through bankruptcy. Their only hope is to build some boats and hope they sell. If they don't, throw in the towel. I think they owe way too much money.
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-07-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
I own a GM and an MC. How screwed am I?

Actually, I am not concerned about MC. They are a relatively small company and they have an excellent brand and product. If they did have financial trouble, they are small enough for another company to purchase, restructure and keep going - pretty much business as usual.

GM - is a totally different story.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-08-2009, 6:23 AM Reply   
Too much R&D for that 300. If they would focus back on smaller boats (what the market needs right now), they should come out fine.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-08-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
I think MC plans to avoid Bankruptcy by staging a repayment plan to vendors where they pay in total 25% of what was owed. I read this on an article recently, can't remember where it was. This way the vendor doesn't get completely hung out to dry and MC doesn't have to deal with recovering from BK.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-08-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Disclaimer: I dont work for MC or in boat sales at all but I've heard from someone who does that the problem for all boat dealerships currently is the market is being flooded with boats only a year or two old for bargain basement prices. Those who leveraged too much who are now losing their jobs are taking a big hit just to unload the boat they financed as long as a house a couple years ago. Makes it hard to sell a brand new boat with the usual mark up

Of course most of you know this already.