Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
opinions on both why would be great. Im considering getting 1 or the other. Nothing in stone yet, need to still figure out how I will pay for it. But seriously considering 1 or the other. Id like to be in the 30 range new.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-25-2006, 5:04 AM Reply   
I believe the new Mobius LSV loaded is around 40k. I love my Mobius. Throws a great wake with the factory ballast. I have around 400lbs more in the front and i cant ask for a better shaped wake.

Cant comment on the Cyclone but i am sure its a great boat to. Someone else will chime in on the Cyclone.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
I don't believe you're getting either of these boats new for ~30. Maybe 36-37, and that's probably a good find.
Old    r3612            08-25-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Not gonna be near 30 for either one of these boats.

These are not really 2 comparable boats either as the LSV is much much bigger.

Being a Cyclone owner Have nothing but good things to say about the boat. Rides great throws a very nice steep wake. Rides through the chop lke no other and is ROCK SOLID.

The biggest pro about the LSV is the wakeplate lets you adjust the characteristic to make it somewhat steep or rampy. Biggest disadvantage is that you will need some extra weight to match the size of the Cyclone's due to the fact that the LSV is about 2ft longer and ft wider. Doesn't seem like much but in boat world it's a ton.

That is why you can't really do a side by side comparison of these two boats. The boat in the Centurion line that would be more in line with the new LSV would be the Lightning C4. Both of these boats are great boats and can't go wrong with either. Just some few subtle differences and the wakes are very different between the Centurions and the LSV. I prefer the hard peaky wake of the Centurion as well as the ride. That is why I went with yet another (3rd) Centurion.
Old    r3612            08-25-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
Also my Cyclone is for sale. It's immaculate and meticulously maintained. Has 110 hrs on it now and also forgot to put in there it has a spare for the trailer. Price is negotiabe

http://www.flipsell.com/Phase3/home/DispVehicle.asp?VehicleID=9293
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-25-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
I worked for a centurion dealer and a good buddy of mine has an 05 mobius, the moomba has much better quality control, with 157 hours in 13 months, there have been no problems, the indmar motor is much more reliable than the merc, and the wake is a whole lot cleaner. Down with Cal Custom.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
there was an 05 LSV on this board that went for around $30 just last week and an 04 or 05 XLV that sold for $36 a couple weeks back. both were ver nice. the xlv was actually loaded and looked like sweet ride. i think the 06 LSV's are still a little more, probably 40+ because they were redesigned and I believe have a higher free board with deeper seating. i could be wrong on that though. curious which way you go isaac as our boats are fairly similar. i'd be curious to see how you like a new boat and get your observations, etc.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
There was a guy over on moomba.com who just put his 06 lsv asking $33,495 just a few days ago. Needless to say it is already sold. Someone got a really good deal.
Old    moombaguy            08-25-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
I have been very happy with my lsv. You can't compare the 04-05 with the 06 lsv. The boat is much deeper and has a bigger tower. I have been extremely happy with mine. The wake is great without the ballast. Then when you add the ballast in the front and back, adjust the wakeplate, You got a huge wake. try to get the 06 model you will be very happy! I'm sure you would be happy with the centurion too. It's just great to own a boat!
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-25-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Isaac ill e mail you as soon as my e mail starts to work agan prob sat