Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-12-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
So long story short, I have a really bad case of bursitis. There is a lump bigger than my knee cap below my knee cap. It went from marble size to this size in just under a month (mid novembe to now). I have had a sharp pain when kneeling there for about a year now, but no real problems until recently.

It has made me unable to work, hard to walk, hard to stand (I can't stand without a brace and/or cane for more than 5-10 minutes right now) definitely can't kneel, crawl, or bend at the knee. I currently can't work and am on disability due to the nature of my job which involves all of those things on a regular basis.

I am currently wearing a knee brace all the time except when I'm sleeping and using a cane to help get the weight off of my bad leg.
As of now I'm in physical therapy to try to help it out.

Has anyone else had this and continued to wakeboard or wakesurf after? Do these activites aggravte it? Could my riding this season (I have been out for about 5 seasons prior) have made it worse or accelerated it? I assume they would because of all the knee bending that goes on.

If you have had it, how long was it, what was the recovery like? How long did it take before you were back to normal, if you were back to normal? Does it come back and are you more prone to it coming back one having it?
Right now they have no time estimate for when it might be healed, but have me schedule on the physical therapy for a month to start.

It sucks it happened, but if anything, I'm glad it happened on the off season.

Any input on this would be helpful to give me a glimpse at the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks in advance.