Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-16-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Anybody have comments on this setup, it is better than the kicker setup ??
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
Its a Clarion deck and Clarion Momo speakers... right? its my understanding Polk makes the speakers = Polk Momo speakers. Id imagine they are better. Think CC would move backwards? Im ordering a 210 team with all the bells and whistles with the large engine. To my understanding the largest engine offered is the 375hp 6.0 ZR6. They don't offer the Python big block engine anymore
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-17-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
Ok and i am planning to order the same thing as you cdm.
Old     (big_un)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-18-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
I have an 05' and I think the system sounds much better that the 04'. Sirius satellite and Ipod hook up are very cool.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-18-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
imo, kicker makes "decent" gear. certainly better than polk.

however, there is better:

amps- zapco on top, jl class d on subs
speakers - focal, mb quart, image dynamic
subs- image dynamics( hard to beat)
deck-eclipse 8v models
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2004, 12:14 AM Reply   
CDM, 05 X off the menu? Don't think the SAN with feel a little small after the X-star?
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-19-2004, 11:19 PM Reply   
Darren, got to say you make me smile.. At least someone is on top of there game.. And yes that has been my greatest concern. The 210 is much smaller than the X-Star however my needs have changed throughout the years. I don't have a huge crowd as before, too bad the new X-Star didn't exist when I was younger!!! Ive always liked the 210 and have ridden behind them a fair amount. I would like CC to push ahead a bit more than they have in the past but I can understand standing behind a proven product. I have other concerns with switching to CC. I have an excellent relationship with my MC dealer and would be embarking on new territory. That concerns me.. After dealing with the somewhat local CC dealer I can already tell Im not working with my dealer but starting a new relationship that will take some time to develop. I do get more "perks" with MC. Understandable.. Down to brass tax.. I priced out the new 05 X-Star and also the new 05 210 Team both maxed out, biggest engines and all the goodies, and the price difference just may be enough to persuade me to try CC for the first time.. When the price difference is ~ $20000, I start to well, hmmmmmmm... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. The last thing I want to do is buy a new 210 and get in and think its too small.. And I think its possible!!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-19-2004, 11:52 PM Reply   
Yes, for sure Cdm but i think you make a great choice both are good but when 20000$ is in the ggame i think that you could by a new truck to tow that awesome 210.
20000 its a lot of money and if i was at your place i'll do the same thing.

Show me pics when you'll get it
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2004, 2:39 AM Reply   
I drove an 04 SANTE with the ZR6 & it had tons of grunt, I don't think you could use anymore wakeboarding (maybe if you foot), especially with the right prop. Also the SAN hull is a pretty efficient wake maker so you don't need to carry tons of ballast.

From what I have read the Python option was a pain with humped deck & no mufflers, ie LOUD. Big blocks sound great but it wears a bit thin after a few hours when you can't hear the stereo.

Storage in the 210 would drive me nuts after having the X. It is a great boat but the use of the limited interior space is frustrating. Its the sort of boat you could totally fall in love with tho, tons of character.

Have you looked at the Sanger V215? I think this will be my next boat, or maybe the Launch 21V, that looks really plush. I'd be interested to know what you think if you have looked at them.

(Message edited by ralph on September 20, 2004)
Old    ripvanbl            09-20-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
Darren, just have to put my 2¢ in and say, <soapbox> the Sanger V215 is a really well built boat and the wake is really, really nice as well. Then again, I'm biased because I just bought one, but after doing my research, I found the price vs. performance the best IMO. There is plenty of storage and the seat to floor ratio is good. I have some pics http://www.brandonlind.com/Media/Boat/091804.asp if you're interested.
</soapbox>