Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2012, 12:17 AM Reply   
First, all of these details are posted and will be kept up to date here:

http://wake9.com/polar-bear

I am sorry for taking a while to get all of this up but I have been on the phone and getting everything lined up, its a lot of work. I am also in the process of catching up on 3 events worth of contest video. I am very enthused that so many have contacted me about this event and want to be a part. This year is going to be amazing, I am so stoked. This has become a premiere event to show off the best of the best in World Class Wakesurf boats and World Class Wakesurf boards. We are going to have 6 boats there, maybe 7. What? Yep, that is right. That means 2 days of organized surfing that will turn your legs into jelly, guaranteed.

Boats

Is that amazing? All in one place and we will be working with the manufacturers to make sure they are weighted properly. For those of you that have no idea about the Pavati boat, check out this interview RJ and I did, we are excited to try this thing out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Special thanks to all of the manufacturers that have confirmed. Also special thanks to Gone Fishing for working with Sanger to get that Sanger 237 for the event.

Centurion is working on getting a boat there, but I would love to see the FX-22 in this line up. Send them an email or call if you would like to see it so that we can film the wake with many riders so you can see it.

MB Sports has not decided yet and I told them that this is an invitation only event and I only invite manufacturers and boats that I have seen the wakesurf community show interest in. The community wants to see the Tomcat 24. If you agree, shoot them a note, I would love to see them there. If so, we will have 7 amazing boats.

Boards

Check out this list of 50 different boards. Dude, 50! This list says it all.

Special thanks to Calmarine Sports for bringing all of the boards, this couldn't be done without their support. Its a ton of work and risk.

Requirements

For those of you new to this event I want to explain how it works and why we do it. This is what I have called a review by proxy. We can only have about 24 people do this, and we wish we could open this to everyone all over the country, but we can't. So we get 24 riders from wherever of different skill levels and sizes and get them to ride every boat and as many boards as they can. The riders are then required to fill out a questionnaire about the boards and the boats to give their feedback. We document every wake in HD and list details of the setup for all to see. Every attempt is made to place the cameras in similar positions on all boats and using the same resolutions. This allows those that can't come to get a look at what the boat can do and learn what real wakesurfing folks like about the various boards and boats. All that said there are some requirements the riders must meet.
  1. Riders must be physically able to ride 6 or 7 15 minute long sessions over 2 days. That may not sound nuts, but I have seen even the most fit people get very jelly legged. Its a buttload of surfing.
  2. Riders will be grouped with similar riders and you gotta be willing to meet new people and have a good time. So many people, including myself, have made life long friends at this event. You can't help it, when you are in a boat with the same people for so long.
  3. Last year we organized the ride on the first day and then had a chill ride on the second day, only the first day was required. If you register, you must surf both days and there won't be time for any free ride sessions due to the number of boats.
  4. Riders will be REQUIRED to fill out details about weight, height, skill level, etc and also fill out details of the boards and boats they experienced.

We will use forums to help answer questions for everyone as we get closer.

Cost

The cost for riders will be $200 which will include all meals on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. $50 of that cost will be taken off any board purchase within 30 days of the event through CMS. Wake9 does not profit from this event at all, and we are hoping this cost covers all expenses so that we don't have to write a check at the end like we normally do. ;-) If you want to bring extra family members that will be hanging out in the camp area while you are riding you can either pay $75 for their meals or supply their food. Please don't ask if you can skip dinner and save $20 and stuff like that, we always want to accommodate but it gets very hard to do this will all the exceptions and REALLY this is a lot of work.

Camp Far West Lake in Wheatland, California on 10/13 and 10/14. We will be camping on Friday night and you are welcome to join us, but you are on your own for food on Friday night. Camping is fun but no hook ups. It is in the same place we do the West Coast Open and there is plenty of room for RVs and/or tents and the like. You may also stay at the hotels available in Lincoln/Roseville about 25 minutes down the road.

You must be at the event location at 8am on Saturday and Sunday ready to surf with bells on. We will surf til dusk on Saturday and hopefully wrap up around 3pm on Sunday, but may go a bit later.

CMS

If you are in the local area, make sure you go to CMS for this weekend's grand re opening to see many of the boards and boats that will be there for you. CLICK HERE to check out pictures I took yesterday.

I think I got everything, let me know if you have any questions. This is going to be Disneyland for Wakesurfing. WAY too much fun.

Visit the link below to register. Please READ all the requirements before you register.

http://wake9.com/polar-bear

Last edited by ragboy; 08-30-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: forgot cms pictures link