Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-05-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Has anyone bought POP BAGS lately?

How long did they take to recieve?

I ordered 400# off the website about a week ago and haven't recieved shipping info or anything else about them...

If anyone on this site is affiliated with them please let me know..

Thanks Matt
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
where did you order them?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2010, 5:14 PM Reply   
too bad more shops dont carry lead bags...
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-05-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
http://www.pop-products.com/products
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
I ordered just the bags, then filled them with scrap lead. Plus 2 of my neighbors did the same. It took them a while to fill each of the orders. Like 10 - 15 days.

Call them & leave a voicemail with your email address & phone #. I don't know this for sure, but I get the impression that this is his side business & he has a real job too. Might take him a little time to fill the order if he's only doing it evenings &/or weekends, especially in the summer when it's busy.
Old     (booth_k)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
I orderd 400lb the same way you did and got an email 2 days later that I needed to use a buisness addres because they come truck freight. Almost 2 weeks later still nothing emailed back and they said order slip was lost and they had to redo it week later they were here. worth the wait wake is nice and even now good luck
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-06-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
I ordered some a few years back and shipping was tricky. The bags had to be drop shipped and were basically undeliverable. I had to go and pickup them up at the local shipping hub. A little odd, but well worth it. We have pop bags hidden in our boat and riders can never figure out why our wake is so sweet.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-06-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
I ordered some a few years back and shipping was tricky. The bags had to be drop shipped and were basically undeliverable. I had to go and pickup them up at the local shipping hub. A little odd, but well worth it. We have pop bags hidden in our boat and riders can never figure out why our wake is so sweet.
sneaky sneaky ^^^ mista holmes has the best wake on the planet
Old     (Conejo_Guy)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
Here's additional contact info:

troy@pop-products.com
(909)376-6450
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-06-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
That's my little nephew JB for ya!!! 'Ol Uncle Johnny really tries to sack the boat out for these kids! All it takes for JB to get big air are a few bread sticks! Keep the pop bags hidden...under seats, front cut outs, storgage areas...the key to greatness is being invisible!!!
Quick hijack...Here is one of my favorite video clips of JB going big!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8z3V...=youtube_gdata
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
Pop Bags are definitely the way to go. We've had the same bags for years. Still holding up.
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-06-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
http:/www.bombwake.com/index_files/Page526.htm
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-06-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
Bill, I have thought about ordering just the bags myself. I have some lead I can put in a few. Do the bags have a zipper? Or how do you close them up once you fill them?
Old     (do420jc)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-07-2010, 5:38 AM Reply   
Bad link Capuzzo.
Old     (BombWake)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-07-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by do420jc View Post
Bad link Capuzzo.
Bomb Wake
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-07-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
Ok guys sorry I didn't update earlier, I got in touch with Troy. He is a single man operation & he was on vacation... Go figure... Hope I didnt bad mouth him too much.. I have faith I will be recieving my bags by wenesday...
Old     (do420jc)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-07-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
Thanks Trian. Just give Mike a hard time.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemania View Post
Bill, I have thought about ordering just the bags myself. I have some lead I can put in a few. Do the bags have a zipper? Or how do you close them up once you fill them?
The black bags you see in the pictures are a sort of rubberized canvas with a velcro opening. Inside there is a heavy duty plastic bag that I filled with scrap lead & then just taped it shut with packing tape. I think I have about $120 invested in eight 40+ lb bags.

Good to hear their on their way to you, Matt. It's worth the effort.
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
oops! .....good thing trian is on top of it!