Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (glee22)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-17-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
so i was at the boat show yesterday and seen a few and was just wondering if this boat is made for surfing more than wakeboarding the one that we liked the most was the sv 230,what kind of wakeboard wake does this throw i know it trows a good surf wake but was just wondering about the wakeboard wake and how does the switch blade help it?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-17-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Demo the boat and ride it surfing and wakeboarding before you buy any boat. Read the threads about the switchblade and what it does and doesn't do. Read on the boat side about the Centurion wakeboard wake and some of the issues. I don't know much about wakeboarding wakes but there are many on the other forums that do. As far as surfing my main concern is the boat IMO is a one sided boat. Surfing both sides is a weighting challenge.
Old     (zapisor)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-17-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Grant, post on centurioncrew.com lots of great folks with 230's that will help you decide
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-17-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
I wakeboard about 70% of the time behind my 08 enzo. We dont have the switch blade and still have a really good wake for wakeboarding aswell as wakesurfing.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
i put 300 hours on a enzo since november..it didnt have a blade,but still had the best surfwave and a sik stock wakeboard wake..the goofy side is finiky but can be done..when people say it doesnt work on that side, its total lore.it werks,its just not as sik as the four and a half foot roller thats peelin off the reg side..so its gettn a bum rap..they offer the surfright system for you if your goofy footed..its a great boat
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
Waterdog, you are absolutely right. You have to put a ton of weight (literally) to get my starboard side good on my enzo. We can get it good but it really takes a lot of work. My port side is a piece of cake. I'm the only goofy rider in my crew too. That's what really sucks. I've started going backside most of the time unless we go out in a buddy's X-80.
Old     (bluto)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
Ok the Enzo wins. Buy 2 boats one of each and the problem is solved. Or maybe just ride backside all the time. Or add a "ton" 3700 # and get a so-so wake on the goofy side. Not my idea of a great surf boat.
Old     (glee22)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-18-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
thanks for the info guys ive been reserching them and do you think it will be worth it to buy them if ill be wakeboarding 70% of the time and wakesurfing 30% of the time
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-18-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
Grant, Short answer..YES! We wakeboard 70% of the time in our Enzo 230 and it has a great wake (500 lbs. up front; 1,000 lbs towards the rear). Surfing, of course, is the bomb! We're in our third season with ours and she has been flawless.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
I would recomend the blade if you are going to use a 230 to wakeboard. With out the blade the wake is more of a rampy shape.

With the blade you can put a sick lip on the wake that will boost you into orbit with only the stock tanks filled. We have not been able to duplicate the wake with weight alone. I had damaged the blade at a freak boat ramp and was without it for a month. It was a big releif to get it back on the boat.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-19-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Blade helps clean up the wave on the fly and adds about 4" to the wave. Blade will clean up the Goofy side of the surf wave, but if you have patience, we just saw a great Goofy wave behind an Avalanche and no blade at the Ohio Surf Championships.

For boarding, the blade is great. Not only does it add a few inches, but will even out the boat if you are slightly weighted to one side.
Old     (glee22)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-19-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
thanks for the feed back everyboady,im really likeing this boat and no a few good deals on it....just have to be patiant and wait for are other boat to sell which could be awile so if you know any one interested in a 28 ft speed boat tell me which nobody probly is....but i know once were ready to buy ill make shure to get the switch blade a sideswipe exhaust,is there any other must have options?
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
heater
Old     (zapisor)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-20-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
Ditto on the heater!
PP of course

I love my centurion, and will buy a centurion again but please spend some time in a boat with sideswipe its not for everyone.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
we know they work!
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
man, I always hit the wrong button!

Upload
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-21-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
Ride in a sideswipe before you buy it! It's very loud.

The standard exhaust is plenty of V8 roar when on a plain. At idle the water muffles the noise so you can have a conversation.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
I read a lot how people hate the sound of the sideswipe exhaust which worried me when we bought ours. The sideswipe is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure its louder then standard exhausts but not so loud that you cant have a conversation. If you switch the exhaust to one side its not that bad.
Old     (mcmillanman5)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-21-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I personally wouldn't get the sideswipe again unless we only surfed. When you wakeboard for a long time with a heavy load the exhaust gets so annoying. That would be my only real complaint about the boat.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-21-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
Go FAE for the exhaust.
Old     (mcmillanman5)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-21-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
Will the FAE work in conjunction with a switchblade?
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-22-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
No FAE with switchblade Yet that I know about. I haven't checked in over a year though.

You could do exhaust tips though pretty easy for the noise.
Old     (glee22)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-23-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
thanks for all the feedback everybody
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-23-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Get the sideswipe. It isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it sounds. I do lessons with mine and sit in it for 4-5 hours at a time and it isn't bad at all. Also if you are doing alot of wakeboarding look into the avalanche as well. IT has a steeper wake for boarding and still has a really good surfin wake with just a little weight added.
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-26-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
I just ordered a new Centurion with the Merc CAT motor no more need for sideswipe is there
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-26-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
Nope Ken, with the CAT, you should not need to worry about a sideswipe
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
FAE all the way. so much more quite. you can actually have a conversation without having to raise voices while running at wake or surf speeds. And you can talk to the rider (surfing) no problem, not to mention your stereo sounds alot louder