Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Wanted to see if some great Wakeworld minds might have some good ideas for custom rear seat for a direct drive set up? I have a X series fat sac and want to have my upholstery guy make me a custom Cover-Seat to put over it so I can face it to both front and back. My idea is to have some removable straps laid under the sac, fill sac then snap the straps from the seat over the sac. We have a local lake that banned "extra ballast weight" so I need to have it made so that the seat covers the sac so it's unseen. We are going to use the factory seat as a referance. Just wanted to see if any of you guys have some good ideas? Input appreciated.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-26-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Input anyone? I know someone has some good ideas out there. A little help?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Why not get lead bars. I hide mine beside the rear seat, and the gunall. Shove it way back in there, nobody will see it. .... Besides, then the soap doesn't go so far in. I have 400# of lead, and have not lost any storage or floor space. I have a 20' boat, so both are very important to me. Up front, put it under the seats. I am using 6 bars right now (ok, 390#). I could easily add 6 more, and still hide them all. That's 780#. ... How many bags of water is that?

Just a suggestion. Besides, the cost of Lead, my compete with having a seat manufactured.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
I am making a rear seat for my 21' XTi
I can't seem to find the thick plastic that the factory frames are made from
but I also haven't looked that hard

worst case...I am going to make a frame out of wood
and fiberglass it in, to make it waterproof
I am going to follow the instructions found on this board, for making a tower speaker box

I am hoping that my upholstery guy can help come up with the actual cushion frame
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-28-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
I have some lead but with gas prices I don't want to haul around all the extra weight towing or when not boarding. Good idea and an option I have looked into. Cliff, I will be lookin around for the plastic and will post if I find what I am looking for. The wood/fiberglasssed is the only other option that I can see as well. Thanks for the input guys. Anyone built anything like what I mentioned?
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-22-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
update: my upholstery guy came up with the foam for the backrest that is wedge shaped and is using a thin plastic behind it for reinforcement. he decided to use some snap straps to hold sides of backrest to the seat part that will cover the fat sack. we will use thin layer of foam on the seat area for some cushion and the previously mentioned snap straps to hold the costom seat cover to the sack. has anyone tried something like this and if so, how did it work??
any suggestions appreciated so i can make changes before he finishes?
Old     (rbalan)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
I'm doing something similar to my CC2001. I moved my rear seat forward to make room for a custom sac/storage and have a sun pad. Its still a work in progress, but I hope for it to look like it was originally made that way. Props to you man for doing something thats not a bolt on! I'd like to see more projects like this posted on here.

Lets see some pics!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-23-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Upload
i've got a big sunpad with the sac underneath
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
Here's something I did with my old Nautique DD....

Upload
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-23-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
thanks, does the sundeck help to get chicks to flash you in hopes of "sunning" on your deck? If so I may need to modify my plans for the fat sac seat pad. We made a small padded snap on upholstered piece for the back deck area on our MC205 it helps for sitting on and a little sunbathing for my wife. I need a little advise on how to upload pics to the site. I am to go look at progress Friday and I can get some pics then but need help to figure out how to attatch to my post. Richard, are the covers on each side of motor housing sacs? I use thise areas for coolers in my set up.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-24-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Yeah, the boxes on the sides of the motor had 270 lb sacs under them. All three boxes were removable.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-24-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Nacho, i still want to know the answere to my ? about the sundeck. Does it help? More pics please.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-25-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
uhh ok. we usually bring the chicks that do the flashing so i don't know if it helps or not. I do know that three of them can fit on there... here's how it looks with two.
Upload
does that help?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
uh, what were we talking about...? :-)
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-25-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
in that case i think i will have to do more modifications. nice pic. sun deck definetly adds appeal to your boat with the accessories you added to it. u gotta luv boats,sun,fun, bikinis, boardin', costs alot but ya gotta luv it. i will be going by to take a look at the seat tomorrow,hopefully if i can figure out how to post pics i will have something to show you.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2006, 11:04 PM Reply   
funny this post came up....

After spending last year with side sacs around the direct drive and the rear sac in place of the rear seat, i realized how hard it was on the inside of my boat to walk all over the vinyl.

My solution was to simply build a side panel and carpet it to cover the storage space in the side and place the side sacs in there (plumbed in with an overflow).

Next I simply made a box for the rear seat with a hinged lid and button straps to keep it shut and encourage the overflow...I am in the process of upholestering a nice cushion for it.

It works great, the overflows kick in without any stress on the box or panels...my only complaint is I lose a lot of my side weight.

Ill get pics when I get a chance....

www.midwestwakeboarder.com