Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-17-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Don't forget July 16-18 the midwest's premier grassroots wakeboard event of the summer.

www.midwestwakefest.com

also check out the article on last years event to see what you missed...
http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?a=728
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-30-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
I wanted to ask you all how you would feel if we had a guy driving the Ladies Only Boat at this years Mid West Wake Fest? There has been an offer to use a boat (new X-Star), but the driver would have to be a guy. I felt that I would leave the decision up to those of you that are signing up for the boat. If you feel that it would make for an awkward situation, thats cool, we have another boat lined up that a lady can drive. Please let me know how you all feel and I will go with the majority vote.
Annie
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-06-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
Just wanted to let you ladies all know that majority has voted and we will be testosterone free on Sunday. I wanted to make sure that everyone got to voice thier opinion before I agreed to something uncomfortable for all of us. Thanks to all of you who voted and we are now down to 10 days and counting!!
Annie
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-09-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
MWWF ‘04 is less then 10 days away!!!!!
Ottawa, IL - July 16th-18th on the Illinois River
Schedule for Mid West Wake Fest 2004:
· Friday – July 16: Demo Day – How does being able to try products from such companies as: Inland Surfer, Liberation, Joyride, O’Brien, Shoreline Lakeboards, Trick Boardz, Vew-Do, and Wright Boards sound to you? Make sure to pay the WWA insurance for the weekend and we will get you out riding. There will also be boats from: Centurion, Nautiques, Supra, and Master Craft on hand for all attendees to trial.
· Saturday – July 17: Social Day – The whole point behind MWWF is getting to meet other wakeboarders. The “Twilight Double Up” contest is back and once again being pulled by Nautiques. This year contestants are not only battling it out for the cash, but also for some awesome trophies being supplied by Krown Wakeboards. Also making its return is the popular “Team Contest”. So grab your buddies and a video camera (or camera guy) and video your runs for the crowd to judge later Saturday night. The top team takes home the winnings. Wakeboard clinics and times are in the works.
· Sunday – July 18: – Get up, shake off Saturday night, and ride till your arms fall off. The MWWF “Ladies Only Boat” will be shoving off at 9:00am. Special guest and Pro Tour rider Laura Lohrmann will be on hand to hang out as well as give some coaching tips for those ladies who want it. Goodie bags and prizes for all the ladies provided by Wakechicks.com, Vans, Curly Grrlz, and more. Please contact Annie at HardCOREcheetah@aol.com to reserve your spot or just to gather more details about it.
No boat?
Don’t let that be your reason not to join in the fun of Wake Fest. We will have a dock in the water to help promote socializing. If you are riding solo or just looking to expand your group of riding buddies just head out to the dock. MWWF history has shown that there are plenty of generous people riding in the Midwest that are willing to share their good fortune of having great rides and open spots in their boats. And as always, please remember to be courteous and take care of those who take care of you. “Respect Gets Respect”
The “Great” MWWF giveaway
If you were at the last two events you know what we mean when we say “Great”. MWWF 2004 has over SIXTY (yes 6 0) sponsors that have pitched in their product just for you. With raffle ticket prices and a truckload of prizes like these, you are sure to get a better deal then you ever could on E-Bay.
Entertainment
Make sure to loosen up your vocal chords for Friday night. Yes, that’s right; karaoke will be making its appearance at MWWF. Four Star will be hosting a karaoke party with sounds provided by DJ “Get ‘er Done”. Then on Saturday the band “Fixate” will be pumping out the tunes starting at 9:30pm. We will also be doing the first public showing of the Midwest wakeboarding video “Mullet Mayhem” filmed by Boreded Up Productions.
Lodging Information
Don’t waste valuable riding time driving around lost, check out the Maps / Directions page on the website for details on how to get to Four Star Marina. Also check out the Accommodations page for suggestions on who to call for hotel reservations if you’re not feeling the call of nature. Otherwise there is plenty of camping available at the MWWF site. To get a campsite and boat ramp pass ($30), just poke your head in the bar when you pull up to Four Star. Jeanette or Speedy will be more then happy to hook you up.
Showing up early ? ? ? ? ?
Wake Fest does not officially get underway till Friday, but the Illinois River can supply some of the best riding during the weekdays. Four Star always has camping available and with the variety of local hotels vacancy should be no problem, although we strongly suggest making reservations in advance. So if three huge fun-filled days of riding aren’t enough for you, pack it up early and head out to Ottawa before the crowd gathers. You won’t have much company, and you won’t be sorry.
Check-In
Whether you are camping or lodging in one of the local hotels we ask that you check in with us sometime Friday or Saturday morning, under the island tent, to make sure that we have you registered for the product giveaway. There will also be registration forms for all the contests under the tent, as well as some other goodies for all MWWF attendees. Any amendments to the schedule will also be post in that area as well.
Miscellaneous ? ? ? ?
Got questions? Feel free to shoot an email to midwestwakefest@yahoo.com or call to Brian at (815) 509-2150.

A final note on Sponsors
This is the official acknowledgement of the 2004 sponsors for MidWest Wake Fest. Thank you for your support. . . . and for MWWF attendees and supporters remember to show thanks to those that make this event and our sport possible.
Rockford Marina, Nautiques, Shred Shop, Krown Wakeboard, Vans, Centurion, Mako Industries, Sobe/No Fear, Onewest Clothing, Sidewayz, Black Flys, Soulriders, Gath Helmets, Spy Optics, Vikings Extreme, SMP, Nice Rack, Inland Surfer, Vew-Do boards, Ten-80, No Fear, Monster Tower, Liberation Wakeboards, Soda Sunglasses, Toe Jam Lube, Boreded Up Productions, Fly High, Alliance Magazine, Energybrands, Sector 9, EVS sports, Wake Physics, Joyride, Aaron Chang, Infraction Clothing, The Board Shop, Wakechicks.com, Supra, O’brien, Shred Ready Helmets, Straight Line, Boss Accessories, Ediktid Clothing, Gator Grip, Spine Clothing, Trick Boardz, Shoreline Lakeboards, 313 Clothing, Barts, Capix, PE Wakeboard School, BoardFlix, Cassette, Collin Wright Boards, Chrome Dome Industries, Curly Grrlz, Extreme Powersports, Moomba, Push Clothing, Canopy Effect Productions, Midwest Militia, Chicago MasterCraft, Wakeboarder.com, Wakeworld.com, Barefoot International
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-12-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
MWWF coming this weekend.....
Old    absolutofft            07-12-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
Annie you make it sound like the man driving the boat is ron jeremy

(Message edited by absolutofft on July 12, 2004)
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-16-2004, 5:00 AM Reply   
Off to wakefest, i hope i win a fat sac because mine broke.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-19-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
scot - Man it was good to meet you finally. Hope you had a good time. Sorry, I couldn't talk to you to much. We will have to ride together sometime.
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-19-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
I had an awesome time. I love the fact that I came back with 5 new shirts and a calander for 10 bucks. You can't beat that. Not to mention riding behind a different awesome boat every couple hours, and meeting more wake addicts. Great job Forrest, you guys out-did yourselves this year.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-19-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
ThankSS bro....people like you are the reasons we keep going. We will be doing some follow up stuff shortly (pics on the site, article for mags, etc...) But for now check out the digest on www.midwestwakefest.com (or soulriders.com)
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-23-2004, 6:15 AM Reply   
There are some pics up on the site & more to come.

If any of you out there have some from MWWF & would like to submit them, please do so!!
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-23-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Forest I had a awesome time. Just to let you know I really appreciate what you guys do to get that event going. It was really well done this year.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-26-2004, 6:12 AM Reply   
ThankSS bro.... That means alot to all of us organizers!!! Hope to see next year, if not before!!