Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
i wonder how much weight the new model will add.(fiberglass for added hull depth) the LSV has always been one of the lightest on the market.
Do you consider that a good thing or bad thing?
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-27-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
i prefer the lighter boats, they tow easier, and respond better to added ballast.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
i prefer the lighter boats, they tow easier, and respond better to added ballast.
I would agree with you. I would prefer a boat I could tow with a V6 SUV/Truck, might have a chance of being able to ski, burn less fuel, etc..

My guess would be 100-200 pounds more.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-27-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
I wouldnt say that the Mobius LSV is much lighter than most other boats around its size.

Mobius LSV - 3,400 lbs
Wakesetter VLX - 3,500 lbs
Axis A22 - 3,600 lbs
Sanger V215 - 3,200 lbs
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2012, 6:33 AM Reply   
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-08-2012, 8:00 AM Reply   
Clean sharp sexy lines. Awesome looking boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
Not a huge fan of the design behind the moomba decal but everythign else about that looks great. Nice work Moomba.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
i assuem they still offer the raised chrome letters if your not a fan of the graphic. and just want the logo. thats what i have.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
i assuem they still offer the raised chrome letters if your not a fan of the graphic. and just want the logo. thats what i have.
I am sure they do. That would be the way I would go.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
No graphics would be the way to go.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-20-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
Just got to see this boat first hand IT is absolutely awesome. In my eyes this boat re-design is going to kick Moomba out of the budget boat moniker. Bewtween this and the Mojo Moomba has stepped up ten fold.

Between the higher gunwales and new interior layout with the no carpet storage areas it is a home run with everything you need and want and nothing extra. The drivers console is simple and well laid out. It has the old Supra gauge layout on the dash but its not that "busy" at all. For the first tie ever the bolster is at a perfect height and design. I really liked the fact the center bag as removed and its now in floor. The molded deck with snap out carpet is killer.

There was only two things I noticed that stuck out negatively and may just be because I haven't spent time in a ton of boats with newer towers. The tower height is so low. I am 6ft and was already really close to the tow point. If I had my rev 8's or a set of Rev 10's up there I would seriously have to be ducking. O my 2000 OG X Star I never have to watch anything as they are so high above me they are not even a factor. The other is the dash height. While I love the clean, simple look the dash pops up a bit into the field of view. This was a complaint of mine on the older Supras of I think 07,08 and possibly 09. I t cuts almost half of the field of view out of the picture.

Other than that again I loved everything. One of the first boats ever that I was really blown away by in the newer era of boats. The G 23 definately is the one boat I can say has blown my mind and exceeded anything I could imagine....this boats(lsv) re structure is def second. Taking one for a spin tomorrow and will post the nitty grittty on performance.
Old     (Diggertaker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-21-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
Make sure to check out the side to side weight sensitivity. This was the only problem with my prior Moomba
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       08-23-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Love what SC did for their new LSV - overall I am very impressed. However my only concern are the crome handles mounted on the seat backs towards the rear. I can see someone sitting down and having one of those dig into their back.. OUCH!!. Also sometimes people slide back due to accelleration, it would be pretty painfull having your back slide into one of those handles.

Name:  _DOS3164.jpg
Views: 2683
Size:  69.2 KB
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-23-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Love what SC did for their new LSV - overall I am very impressed. However my only concern are the crome handles mounted on the seat backs towards the rear. I can see someone sitting down and having one of those dig into their back.. OUCH!!. Also sometimes people slide back due to accelleration, it would be pretty painfull having your back slide into one of those handles.

Attachment 24907
You won't slide back if you are holding on to them..... ha ha...
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-23-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
yeah dumb location. my '11 has them in the speaker holes, stupid also.
but two nuts and you can completely remove them on either boat

swat guy:. all boat manufacture towers are lower than they were in 2000
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-23-2012, 6:27 PM Reply   
I saw both the new LSV and test drove/rode behind the Mojo.

Wake on the mojo was great for a stock boat. Very smooth transition, but good height to it with stock ballast. And the way they design the rear comparment, both sides run all the way almost to the windshield. You could replace the stock bag, with a 2000 lb bag on each side, and it would totally be contained.

The new LSV would probably be my next boat, but one thing really stands out to me. I hate their new tower. Not only is it a poor looking G3 rip off, it moves a lot side to side, and is a pain to thread in the rear screw. I know they put the Z5 on the supra. Can you put the Z5 on the LSV now?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-23-2012, 6:38 PM Reply   
Now maybe I missed this here, but my dealer swears to me this is not a new boat. Redesigned yes, but he says the running surface(bottom) is not new. He was at the dealer meeting and says the top sheet(above rub rail) is new but the bottom of the boat is unchanged. So considering thats the money maker for us riders I was disappointed. I was trying to work a deal on a new 12 and told him with the all new 2013 people weren't going to want a new 2012 for new price. He laughed and said the boat hasn't changed. Just a new top sheet and a little spit shine.

Is this true the running surface is unchanged? I thought this boat was totally redesigned.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
Yup running surface is identical. However the wake is didferent than the 12. Also storage for ballast has much more potential. As the boat is completely different. While it seems minute to change the top deck. The way theychanged it makes it an entire new boat In the way it feels, drives and performs. It truly was rock solid. I am finishing my thoughts. And will post my review here shortly since u just spent the day in it.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-23-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Now maybe I missed this here, but my dealer swears to me this is not a new boat. Redesigned yes, but he says the running surface(bottom) is not new. He was at the dealer meeting and says the top sheet(above rub rail) is new but the bottom of the boat is unchanged. So considering thats the money maker for us riders I was disappointed. I was trying to work a deal on a new 12 and told him with the all new 2013 people weren't going to want a new 2012 for new price. He laughed and said the boat hasn't changed. Just a new top sheet and a little spit shine.

Is this true the running surface is unchanged? I thought this boat was totally redesigned.
thats the way i understand it. The redesigned the top cap and gave it more freeboard above the rub rail and did some tweaks to the interior but everything from the rub rail down is the exact same,
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-23-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
If the running surface is the same how can the wake be different? Maybe different stock because there is weight in different places with the new top cap, But with weight in the same places it should be identical. If the running surface is unchanged. I agree it does look like a new boat with the new top. I always felt like it was a bit shallow. I love the LSV 2012 or 2013, just was surprised by what the dealer told me as i thought it was totally new.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyxc View Post
I saw both the new LSV and test drove/rode behind the Mojo.

Wake on the mojo was great for a stock boat. Very smooth transition, but good height to it with stock ballast. And the way they design the rear comparment, both sides run all the way almost to the windshield. You could replace the stock bag, with a 2000 lb bag on each side, and it would totally be contained.

The new LSV would probably be my next boat, but one thing really stands out to me. I hate their new tower. Not only is it a poor looking G3 rip off, it moves a lot side to side, and is a pain to thread in the rear screw. I know they put the Z5 on the supra. Can you put the Z5 on the LSV now?

Peter, I noticed the rear screw was hard to thread on the new LSV also. It was due to lifting the tower too high past the screw point. Almost needs to be a stop at the base of the tower. This would also make it more stable.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-24-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
I think they need to offer the Sbend tower on the Moomba's. Also, if the new SA hull ends up being all it is cracked up to be they should carry it over to all the skier's choice boats that aren't designed to be a crossover(mobius LSV, XLV, Mojo, 21V, 22SSV, 242, etc)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-24-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
I like the looks of that boat but HATE the tower. Graphics are easy to change but towers not so much.So how much taller is the top deck then my 07? And how different is the interior?
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2012, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyxc View Post

moves a lot side to side, and is a pain to thread in the rear screw.
I think you might have just been on a boat with a bad install or something. My buddy took delivery of a '13 LSV last week (10 hours on it already) and the tower is rock solid, and the screw handle things come out super easy to fold the tower. I did it yesterday in like 30 seconds.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-25-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Agreed on the tower, I wish they would move the progressive tower over to the moomba line since they are discontinuing it for the supras.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-25-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
i wish they would keep the progressive on the supras and go back to the V2 on the moomba....
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
Hey man here ya go **

The boat itself looks and feels awesome inside. *Its interior layout was perfectly thought out. * *The storage compartments are huge deep and well segmented. * * The drivers console is super simple and has a great layout. * *The bow is deep and also has some great storage. * The vinyl and finish is way up there in style and seems to be above average in weight compared to what the older LSV used to have. * *The overall fit and finish is on par with all the other boats in the sub top 3 class. * As far as a 21ft boat that thing is humongous and deep.

The surf wake was better than I was expecting on the driver's side as I am goofy. * *the pocket was long and the wake was clean. * It wasn't as steep as the 2012 210 we surfed and didn't have as much push but I only had that extra 450lb sac. * So I think the potential was def there, especially with such the high free board. The boat drove really well at surf speeds.

The ski wake was actually very impressive. * IT was really minimal. * I thought it was a bit better than my 205V hull, * especially at 15 off and around 33mph. *The boat handles great at that speed and turned on a dime. * IT tracked straight and turned smooth.

I was somewhat disappointed with the wakeboard wake. * Was expectng a bit more muff. * While it had good shape and transition it just didnt have the snap and the amplitude anywhere close to the 205v. * Not sure what the factory setup is but it looked like 600 on each side and whatever was in the belly. * I added that 450 sac to the bow as it really porpised like crazy with just the factory full. *You had to have the wakeplate fully engaged/down in order to board at 24mph and factory full. * Even with the extra 450 in the nose we could not get it to stop porpising. * It could have easily used another 400 i think. * Wish I had it to put in there but we just moved one guy to the bow and we were able to lift the plate a bit and it gave the wake a bit more lip. * Would have loved to throw another 400lbs in the nose and see if we could get the plate up a bit more and see if it gave it even more lip. * *I would classify it as a solid intermediate wake. * *The boat kind of drove a little weird weighted. * In the turns the would lean at first but then 1/2 into the turn for a d- up if you didn't take it real wide, the boat seemd to break loose and really lean over. *Was weird, it was noticeable by all in the boat as it really shifted 1/2 way through, Again it was weird and you could really feel it brek loose and change inside the boat weighted up. * The other thing as mentioned was it rode really bow high and porpised bad with just the factory filled. * *Even with the extra 450 it still had a tendency to porpise unless the plate was fully down.

The boat was quiet and handled the d-ups without a rattle. * *It was definitely impressive, no rattle or flex at all. *Everyone was super impressed. * It was also very quiet inside the cockpit, not much engine noise. * *The dash tho simple kindof took up 3/4 of the view out the dash. * It rises really high and when you are on plane you view is really limited between the top of the dash and top of the windshield. * *

All in all the boat was impressive. * The fit/finish and quality is way above the Moomba standard of the past. *It is a great multisport boat. *I just thought with the size and amount of ballast the wakeboard wake left most of us wanting more. * It was kind of a let down after the over all feel of the boat was so high and impressive. Especially since a buddy has an older 05 LSV that throws a killer wake. Don't recall his weight setup but it was great with tones of kick. This boat just seemed to lack it. I also know we ride with the plate almost all the way up on his Lsv With next to zero porpoising

For me, *I am spoiled with one of the best wakes ever made on my X Star * * this wakeboard wake was too much of a down grade to take the other bonuses into effect such as room, design, storage, and *feel. * *I am ready to give up a bit of a wakeboard wake in order to get some room and size, but this was a bit too much of a trade off. *
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-26-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
24 with stock ballast is too fast I would think....I rode about 25 with close to 3k in my 07 LSV.....
Old     (fatwing)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-01-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Just came in!!
Name:  DSCN2700.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  74.9 KB

Name:  DSCN2713.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  DSCN2699.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  DSCN2698.jpg
Views: 2959
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  DSCN2711.jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  41.7 KB
Old     (fatwing)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-01-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
Name:  DSCN2714.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  DSCN2725.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  DSCN2731.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  DSCN2732.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  70.1 KB

Name:  DSCN2728.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  49.4 KB
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-01-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
Good looking boat!!!!
Those colors look good.....
Old     (DANBREW)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-23-2013, 6:10 AM Reply   
Hi Cory, I noticed you have a 2011 Moomba LSV. I too have one. I have had a lot of issues with trying to get it to hold speed for surfing, getting a decent wave to hold, etc. I had a 2007 Moomba lSV as well and it had the older "Moomba Pass" and it worked perfectly, we had a good size wave and we held it at 10.5 mph with the wakeplate at 1/2 and we had a great wave with no issues. We seem to drop the wave alot on this boat due to speed being insconsistent and not holding on the Digital cruise pro. We have 750's in the rear lockers which we also had in our 07. Also, our 07 wake plate seemed to move alot more (had much more range up and down) than the new one, it seems to barely move.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks Cory,

Dan
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-23-2013, 6:53 AM Reply   
Dan
You might go to http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/forum.php and ask the guys on the Moomba forum. There are a bunch of guys with your exact boat on there that could help you out.