Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-27-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else out there has had any problems with boards delamming...at least a specific model. I purchased the new Hyperlite Imperial last July since it looked pretty fun. By the end of the month it was delammed. So I sent it back to hyperlite through the local dealer. A couple weeks later I got the new one. By the end of the season, the new one delammed too. I never sent it back in to get a new one until about a month and a half ago. They said it should take 2 to 4 weeks or something, but it's been about 8 and I still haven't heard anything! Hyperlite is kind of making me angry. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the imperial. It's such a fun board. I just want one that won't delam! For the inconvenience, I think they should send me an '08 imperial :-) I'm just not sure what I'm gonna do if the next one delams. This hasn't been a problem at all with past boards either.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-27-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
i think if anything it's time for a new shop. the shop should have given you a new board and sent yours in to replace the one they gave you.

boards delam, some more than others. either way, they'll take care of you.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
My ol' Byerly did
Upload
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-27-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
My 04 byerly did too! but thats because it fell onto the freeway on the way to the lake.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-27-2008, 10:53 PM Reply   
i have an 04 byerly and its starting to delam also
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-28-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
There was a lot of problems with the 07 byerly and imperials cause they used a little different material for the bottom sheet and it did not adhear to the bottom as well as their usual molds. I sent in about 6 imperials and 3 or 4 byerlys last season for the same problem. They would start in the corners and just go from there, I'm sure if you waited long enough that they would completely come apart like the byerly above. The last two that I sent out have been gone for like 2 months or so and I still haven't come in yet. I agree that if the shop has one on hand then they should have given it to you so that they can take the hit and not you. Although the next would have done the same thing. I hope that the 08 holds up better, seems like the 08 byerly is, one of my buddies has one and it has made it through at least a month or two. Good luck
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-28-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
My Parks did the same. it took forever to get it sorted out. They are real slow.
Old     (tsbs)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-28-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Luckily those Hyperlites have that lifetime warranty. Apparently you need it. LOL!!! Where's the Spankeybeaver when you need him?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-28-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
I thought they only had a one year warranty from date of purchase.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
HAHAHA!!

I've never had a board delam, but I've been on a CWB for 4-5 years now.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-28-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
its "Spanky Beaver". i know spelling is not that important.

and it is a lifetime warranty. when your 4-5 year old board does delam, i bet you'll wish it had a lifetime warranty.

hyperlite continuously tries new techniques to improve thier boards. sometime this happens. Hyperlite has a minor problem compared to many other board companies out there.
Old     (tsbs)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-28-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
Yeah... Remember those jib bases... Those were hot. So hot, they changed back to a regular base 1/2 way into production.
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-07-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
So the shop just received the warranty board and it's ready to be picked up. Hyperlite decided to send me the brand new '08 model. Can't complain about that
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-07-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
If you were riding CWB you would still just have your 04 board...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-07-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
This is the reason I will never buy a LF. The boards are great, but they only offer a year warranty, and they don't joke. My friends board delammed after a year and a half, and they won't do a thing.
Old     (berryessa_mom)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-07-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Sounds like HL is the way to go Wake V. :-)
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-08-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
I hear ya on Hyperlite taking forever. I sent a pair of bindings back 2 months ago and they said it would take max 3 weeks, still no word. Not happy at all with their customer service that is the 1st and last pair of Hyperlite bindings I will buy ever. I mean I have not been able to hit the water yet and it has been water hear for 2 weeks. If It was LF anything I would've had it back in a month max.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-08-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Why did you wait until it was time to ride to send them back? If i broke something last season I would have sent them back...last season. This is the busiest time for hyperlite (shipping new equipment that pay for it), and you should have anticipated a delay. If your waiting for the Murrays it will all be worth it...