Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-21-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
I think GD's accessment of the malibus and mb's are right on.

I am glad malibu is going with bigger diameter hose and higher volume pumps and I love how simple it is to piggy back the ballast with just a few connectors and hose lengths.

The purevert system(s) are really great if you do not want any extra weight. I do not like how they havent figured a way to piggy back em yet, that if you want extra sacks you either have to 1) fill them with portable pumps...booo or 2) add pumps and switches, cut holes in the hull, etc... no good either way.

The best system would be a purevert with piggybacked sacks that when stopped or idleing, the ballast would drain and when boat speed exceeds 10 mph or whatever, the ballast would fill. that would save gas, get the boat up on plane, and allow for even more weight.

for surfing, you would just open the gates to fill whatever side or tanks you want, then close the valves so it will not drain while surfing.

some boat company... go. your boat will be my next.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
The best system would be a purevert with piggybacked sacks that when stopped or idleing, the ballast would drain and when boat speed exceeds 10 mph or whatever, the ballast would fill. that would save gas, get the boat up on plane, and allow for even more weight.
Neat idea!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
It's interesting...

PureVert: lets water in below the water line when stopped and lets water out when under way.
JohnnyVert: lets water in above the water line when under way and lets water out then stopped.

A perfect combo.
Old     (Marksy)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-25-2012, 4:50 PM Reply   
I had my first run behind a SAN 210 on the weekend 2012 model and have to say it is AMAZING. im a previous malibu ownere so i was a little hestitant about the interior of the SAN 210 but i loved it. It is a little smaller and not as plush but the right colour scheme make it look classy and the comfort is different but just as good in a SAN if not better because of the backward facing seating enhancements. I personally love teh flip aroudn seat and if i had more than 4 in the boat i would definately be using it. The general feel from everyone new to the SAN was the flip around seat was awesome.

The SAN didnt have the wrap around lounge style that the Malibu has its much squarer in the corners but in my opinion your seating position is different in this boat because of the extra back rests so where as people do like to snuggle into the wrap around curves of the malibu i dont think they are needed because the SAN offers better seating options.

You do loose storage but there is still enough i think. I dont think we well utilised the space on our Malibu because there was so much of it. I think it would take a little playing around and you could make the amount of storage space work easily. You can also store a board or 2 above the bimini.

Other than that the Wake. All I have to say is I am SOLD. my next boat is going to be a SAN.

Extra bonus the SAN 210 can be legally towed in Australia.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-25-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
Why is the San 210 legal to tow in Australia and not the VLX?
Old     (Marksy)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-25-2012, 6:47 PM Reply   
Beam limit is 2.5m where i am and the VLX is greater than that. Over 2.5 you need to comply with oversized towing laws.

unless im miss informed.

Last edited by Marksy; 03-25-2012 at 6:47 PM. Reason: left out text
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-26-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
Once you actually drive it, you SEEeeee
Old     (Marksy)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-18-2012, 3:20 AM Reply   
Which way did you end up going sidetracked?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-18-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
I ended up getting the Malibu VLX. After checking them both out I just liked the Malibu the best. I just did not like the interior in the 210. I loved the rear facing seat but it was just more comfortable in the Malibu.

Last edited by sidetracked3; 04-18-2012 at 6:21 AM.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-18-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Nice looking VLX!
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-18-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
'' Pure Vert is nice due to the quick fill time. It's weakness is that you can't get water to the belly or the bow. Malibu's strength is placing weight in four distinct locations with the weakness being fill times '' Why cant you get water to the belly or bow?
Old     (05sante)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-18-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Pure vert uses gravity to fill the ballast tanks. Anything above the water line like the bow won't fill by gravity.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-18-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
nice VLX!