Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-24-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
Looking for the closest place to launch from on the Delta when traveling from San Jose. I normally launch at Disco Bay. Is there somewhere closer to 580? Thanks!
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
I think that's about as close as you can get to San Jose. Orwood isn't much farther than Disco...and cheaper........
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
the closest from 580 is rivers end, on byron highway. it's about 15 minutes closer
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-25-2004, 6:58 AM Reply   
"the closest from 580 is rivers end, on byron highway. it's about 15 minutes closer"

Or if you turn left on Byron Hwy instead of right Lazy M is maybe a mile further. Benefits of Lazy M is no idle time getting in and out of it, I think it's a buck cheaper to launch and they sell gas. Lazy M ramps and parking are not as good as river's End though.
Either of these is around 10 miles less of a drive than Disco. Both of these can be a real zoo on the big weekends as neither have enough dock space.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
I heard that one of the marina's over towards River's End and Lazy M was really shallow and you could barely launch...especially if you had an I/O. Is that one of these or is it another one I'm thinking off?

Oh, and as for them being a zoo on the weekends....all of these will be really busy...that is why I dry stored my boat up on Bethel Island. A little farther drive, but a lot less boat traffic out that way........

(Message edited by levi on May 25, 2004)
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-25-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
I haven't used Rivers End but unless theres a REAL LOW tide then we've never had a problem launching at Lazy M, Although it does get crazy when it gets busy cuz it is kinda small.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-25-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
You have to be careful with clearance at Lazy M too, there is a really tight bridge you have to go under.