Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-01-2004, 2:11 AM Reply   
I just made a quick dock for my ipod and I thought it would be cool to share with everyone. The ipod dock fits perfectly inside the holder so I just wired everything up that way and now I don't have any cables lying around and I can change songs easier while still driving. I'll probably make a fully fiberglass dock, but this is a start. FYI for all you audio purists, the Ipod dock is supposed to be the best source for connecting to your stereo systems. Its a non amplified source so It's supposed to be cleaner than the headphones jack.

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
go to sleep freek! Your wife is about to have the baby and this is all you can think about! Geeesh... seriously though very nice, now what are you going to do for my boat?
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
and another thing, you barely have enough cup holders as it is in that SAN of yours, why would you wanna go and take one away.....
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-01-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
paul do you ride out near b&w? we always see a beautiful boat just like yours out there. I'm in the all black super air.

are you concerned at all about water from the boards in the rack dripping on the ipod there?

Wes
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-01-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
That's not me Wes. I usually ride Don Pedro, New Melones, the Delta or the Mudhole. I am a little concerned about the water, but I'll just make sure they are dry before puting them up there.

Chad, you are gonna have to figure that one out yourself.
Old    orgborn            08-01-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
how does the ipod plug into the stereo
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-01-2004, 11:42 PM Reply   
There is a plug in the back of the dock that you can connect a common RCA cable too. From there I plug it into the auxilary input on my Clarion XMD3. Very simple and easy connection.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-04-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
Cool! Just posted this thread to diytower.com
Old    mikep            08-04-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
This is also a great ipod holder that plugs directly into your lighter for $39.95. It also has an output that goes directly through the ipod dock plug.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SMCIPOD
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
I have the Seido Ipod holder and it works great for the car but,in the boat, it's really susceptible to engine noise. I even rewired the connection to my second battery (which is isolated from the primary battery) and I still occassionally get engine noise.

Chris
Get the Grip You Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-09-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
I want to get this one, check it out, the one that was in Alliance Magazine.

http://www.welovemacs.com/5232llpd.html
Old    mikep            08-09-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
My Seidio works great, but I have a direct auxillery input via RCA's to my stereo. I just use the Seidio to charge my ipod. I wonder if that makes a difference? I don't get any engine noise. How does the sound get from your ipod to your stereo?