Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-19-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
I was in Acworth this weekend and it was really done well. The riding conditions were not the greatest but everyhting else was done well. The city of Acworth and I assume World Pub did a fantastic job of promoting the event. The park and the lake were packed with spectators. One of the largest crowds I have seen.

Downtown Acworth was packed Saturday night and there are several restaurants and clubs to chose from. The site is close to downtown Atlanta, the airport and tons of places to eat and visit. I hope they continue to hold it there and just hope the weather is better next time.

The PWT always runs a tight operation. They pulled a ton of riders Friday and were on schedule for most all of the tournament. The new judging format is great and I think the judges work really hard at getting it right. I think the heat format for this year is really good. Heats of 4 or 5 with the top 2 passing through and a 4 person final makes it really good to watch. The Jr men rocked it and the ladies were unbelievable. It will be very competitive this year in all 3 divisions. If it is coming to your neighborhood you have to check it out.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-19-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
Yeah, I agree, it was great.The venue is really good,and the locals are really helpful and friendly.I thought the pro men were incredible considering the conditions and the junior mens final was outstanding.The women struggled in the conditions which was a pity.
I really wish they would get the roadworks done there though.It's actually worse than last year.It reminds me of Landstreet at OWC. Interminable.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-19-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
I saw Saturday but I didn't see women finals but I am very impressed with the depth of the riding. Especially that one rider who won it. Nicola something or other. Name escapes me.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-19-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
what happened to Dallas?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
NOOOOOO!! I did the prognostication, said soven would win, nicola butler would win, and lariche would win. the lariche guess was uneducated. sooo clooosee!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
wait I don't get it it looks like Jimmy did win:

Junior Men (14-18) Semifinals (top two in each heat advance)

Heat #1
1. LaRiche, Jimmy (USA) - 75.56
2. Soven, Robert (USA) - 68.89
===
3. Cohen, Julian (USA) - 56.67
4. Valdez, Eddie (USA) - 51.11
5. Burnstein, Danny (USA) - 41.11

Heat #2
1. Clifford, Harley (AUS) - 67.22
2. King, Ryan (USA) - 55.00
===
3. Lafferty, Steel (USA) - 47.22
4. Derome, Raphael (CAN) - 33.89
5. Racinelli, AJ (USA) - 23.33
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-19-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
Congrats to Nicola, I can't wait to see her ride in person!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Trevor you're looking at the semi-final scores. The top 2 from each heat had a final session where Harley won.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-19-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
I want to give a massive shout out to Mike Ferraro.Not only for where he has got Nicola to with his coaching but all the other stuff that he has done for us that goes way,way beyond that. Thanks Mike. I really hope Nicola repays you by reaching the level you believe she can.
Old     (horchem1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-19-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Chris, I saw your daughter at the OWC stop and she killed it then talked to her later that night at the Impact premier. She is a good kid and I'm glad to hear she won in GA.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-19-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Thank you. Yeah, you never want them to grow up.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Nice - those conditions looked pretty rough, glad to hear everyone still brought the A-game and didn't just 'stand up' so to speak.

What did Nicola and Amber do in their runs? Emily do anything new? Nice to see some new blood pushing it....
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-19-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
We went yesterday, we saw some great riding, but I thought the beach could have been set up better. With all the banners, you could only see a small section of the course without having to move around. I thought that was poor planning, but I know you have to give love to the sponsors.
Old    benj_t            05-19-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
did any of you guys go to the Drive premier in Acworth? it was awesome. vandalls part was the best. and if anyone knows the name of the song that was in his part please tell me. thanks