Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    reddog25cf            03-11-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
I'm here sitting at work, and had a few minutes to get on here and give a big thank you to Wakeworld. Here's the story...

Two summers ago, I discovered wakeboarding, and I loved it. It was a love I hadn't had for anything in a long time. Being somewhat internet savvy I figured, hey, there's gotta be some cool wakeboarding sites online somewhere, so after a very quick search I discovered Wakeworld. All of a sudden not only did I love the sport even more but I was learning so much about it from all the great people on this site. After a little while I went beyond the front page articles and the discussion board and found you could search for people on your home lake!! Sweet!! So I did a search and found one guy. His name is Michael Vincz. Well, come to find out he's like 18 years old and on the Junior Pro Tour. After a few emails we decided to hook up and go out for some riding. After watching him ride my jaw dropped. WOW. If only I could be that good some day. Well, one thing led to another and we became friends and I also gained some other really good friends through him.
After awhile, we decided to go watch Michael ride in one of the tour stops. It was Detroit last summer. Brandon and I get there and go to find Michael sitting in the Mastercraft VIP area with his family, and I look at Brandon and I was like, WHO IS THAT!! I was talking about the gorgeous blonde sitting with Michael's family. Well come to find out it was Michael's sister. Heck, I didn't even know he had a sister let alone one that looked like that! I figured I had no chance with a girl like that. Well, come to find out she was single, which was a surprise, and also she ended up hanging out with us for the rest of the day..... and night. We totally hit it off. Not only did she have the looks of an angel but she was cool as hell too. Well, to make an already long story short, it's about 8 months later and we're still together. I'm loving life with Katie and her two adorable children (by the looks of her you'd have no idea she had two kids, haha) and still friends with Brandon and Michael and still loving wakeboarding like it was the first day I rode, if not more.

And I have Wakeworld.com to thank for all of it. Thank you SO much.

Sean & Katie
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-11-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Nicely done, does she wakeboard too??
Old    reddog25cf            03-11-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
But of course...
Old    wake_chik            03-11-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
That is awesome! I love hearing stories like this but I am also a girl. Nice that you found someone that wakeboards as well...that can be a tough thing to find. (trust me )
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-11-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Great story and great to hear!!
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-11-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
For sure!! Its always a mission to get my girl to come out on the boat.. she's pretty good for a chick too.. frustrating..
Old    samcdog            03-11-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
Congratulations

I saw in your post you ski on Lake Shafer (Monticello, IN proving once again there's more than corn in Indiana) and live in W. Lafayette, IN (home of the Purdue Boilermakers). I graduated from PU in June of '99. If you're ever in central IL look me up.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-11-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
Dude, you have hair just like Peter Brady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    reddog25cf            03-11-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
Oops, looks like I need to change my profile. I'm now living on the lake in Monticello. Kinda closer to Buffalo but it's still on Shafer. How far would I have to drive to get to where you are Sam?

My hair's a little shorter now, but not much.

So what's everybody think.... Wakeworld wedding? haha... it could be one of the news stories... lol...
Old    samcdog            03-11-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
It's Geoff, Sam is one of my dogs (pictured in Super Air Nautique post with boat). It's about two hours to Lafayette. I live in Decatur, about 45 minutes west of Champaign (home of the stinkin Illini - just joking)
Old    reddog25cf            03-11-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
Well, Geoff, I'll definitely keep in touch, I always thought it'd be fun to go ride with some other wakeworlders... Would you rather have gas money or beer money? haha... Two hours isn't bad for a Saturday or Sunday getaway. What lake are you on?
Old    reddog25cf            03-11-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
Just a side note... I never thought I'd end up with a girl that looks that good...
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-11-2004, 10:54 PM Reply   
someone's a little self-conscious......
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-12-2004, 4:30 AM Reply   
Dude, what can your chick pull off on the wake board?? My girl has good control but she can't jump W2W, don't know if its just that chicks are weaker??
Old    indywakechica            03-12-2004, 5:21 AM Reply   
Ahhh that's sooo sweet! Ain't it funny how the smallest choices we make end up making a big impact on our lives? Thanks for sharing!

Ever ride on Freeman? We ride up there quite a bit...a buddy has a house on it.

Brad...those "weak" pro chicks don't seem to have a problem with it. :-)
Old    reddog25cf            03-12-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
I wouldn't say I'm self conscious... Just an opinion. When I pictured myself older and married and stuff, I kinda pictured myself with someone a little more plain jane... not so much hot... haha.

Brad... She doesn't exactly have a list of tricks she can pull off. She's got 2 little ones, kinda hard to find time to get out on the lake. I'm hoping to get her out more this summer. Let's put it this way... the first time I saw her ride was her 3rd or 4th time ever riding and the first time in like 2 years. She gets up like it's nothin, rides switch like it's nothin, and within 5 minutes of her riding she's trying one wake 180's. Keep in mind she was riding a Parks 138 at the time with Large Belmonts (my setup at the time). She's only like 4'11" and like just under 100 lbs... that board was way too big as well were the bindings. Guess my point is, if she gets out more this summer, she could be really good.

Hope, no I don't ride on Freeman. My house andpull are on Shafer, but my pull is basically an X-7 (Prostar 197 with all the fixin's -- tower, tower lights, tower speakers, sub, just no ballast, but we got fatsac and two side sacs) So I don't know what you're gettin pulled with on Freeman, but if my pull sounds like fun, we always welcome guests.
Old    deiselgrover            03-12-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Hey Geoff! How about a post game day run next fall! We could meet up with Sean and pull an evening run! Hows Illinois these days? You watching our pathetic hoops team.....man we suck!

Sean I have good friends that live on Freeman, we are up there quite a bit during the summers. Ive never been on Schaffer but I am sure its pretty much the same, on the water at the crack to catch some butter? How is it through the week?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-12-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Great story and i can also attest to the fact that wakeboarding has definitely brought my relaitonship with my girlfriend closer.It's funny though i still keep hearing Paula in my head asking why we aren't married yet
Old    deltahoosier            03-12-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
Great story! Man Indiana lost to those dang Illinois people!!!!! Go Hoosiers!!! next year though...
Old    samcdog            03-14-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
I usually go to Lake Decatur, but we could go to Clinton or Shelbyville too.

Let me know, I'll probably get the boat in another month or so.