Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
I have been playing catch up on War history. How this country got involved and where and what we were fighting for. Dec 7th The Attack on Pear Harbor was yesterday and hardly a mention?

To me. Dec 7th Mark's the start of this country's rise to industrial greatness. From what I have learned this country came all together to ramp up and out produce our enemy's. We could build ship and Planes at rate that just crushed our aggressor. Not taking anything away for the people that gave their lives for every inch of ground they fought for. The War Effort that America put together after the attack on Dec 7th Pearl Harbor. Was something IMO the world has never seen and is likely to never see again?
Thanks to all who .Past, present, future.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       12-11-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Late to the draw here, but yes Dec 7 is a significant date, especially to me personally. My grandmother and grandfather were at pearl harbor during the attack. They worked on the base. A few years back I went to Hawaii and of course seeing Pearl Harbor was one of the high points of that trip.
Old    bigdtx            12-12-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
It was all over the news as it is every year so I'm not sure what you mean by hardly a mention. I used to have a buddy who liked to go out drinking and "get bombed on Perl Harbor Day" every year, so I guess that's his contribution to the cause.