Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-23-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
I have been trying to figure out which boat to buy and it is driving me crazy. I like the 08 Sanger V215, but my partner and I have one main reservation, how low the boat sits in the water. So I am asking for the owners, or anyone else, for their honest opinion. How low does it sit in the water compared to a Malibu VLX (other boat being considered). Do you get water over the sides or is it an especially wet ride compared to other boats? When sac'ed out for surfing do you take water over the side? Does it easily take water over the nose? I think you get what I am looking for. So please put my mind at ease or steer me in another direction. Thanks in advance.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-23-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
I've owned my V-210, which has even less freeboard than the 215, for ten years and I've never had a problem with water coming in. If you are aware of your surroundings, (other boat wakes etc.) there really should be no problem. You might ask on the wakesurf forum, there are a few guy's with 215's heavily sacked out.

Now I wouldn't go crossing the Pacific in one...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
Clotus, I sack the Schitt outta mine for surfing. I've had 3000lbs (roughly) in it with 7 guys and never taken water over the side surfing. I now run 1200lbs in the rear locker and 500 midship and occasionally another 400 (when low on observers) on the seat no sweat.

That low profile? Sexy ass beast on the water.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-23-2009, 10:42 PM Reply   
I've never had water over the sides or the stern. I get less spray over in the bow and on the windshield than a Supra Launch 21 I've ridden in many times. I've never had water over the bow in storms or normal driving but I have had some over when I've not paid attention going by a cruiser wake. I've driven in a Tige 21V and know it takes bow water in more easily than my 215. That's my personal knowledge.
The VLX looks higher in the water than the 215 but I don't have any personal knowledge of which is better for shipping water. They're both good boats. I'd choose the Sanger for the handling but when you test drive them you'll find which you like better. Get the Bennett plate when you order your new V215.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
We test drove the V215 boat and I have to say that it was the number 1 choice in terms of ride and looks but didn't purchase the boat because of the low freeboard. We also like to tie up to other boats and some docks that happen to be a bit high on the water so we were worried about purchasing that boat. We ended up with a Supreme V208 which practically has the highest freeboard of all the boats. We love it because it makes the seats more comfortable!