Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            06-15-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have rented from New Malonies 3 years in a row now. The first time we ever rented we rented The Eclipse.

It was a good first time renter. #1 it was cheep and #2 it had a Hot Tub. when we turned back in the Eclipse we got a chance to see the Odyssey

its basicly the same boat as the Eclipse, but it has more bells and whistles and is finished nicer and cost's just a bit more to rent.
This year we rented the Escapade.

It was very nice. we were the 2nd people to take it out. So it was basicly brand new. Each boat has its good/bad points but the Escapade seemd to work the best for us. We liked it so much we rented it for next year.

Below I have some tips for renting from New Malonies. Like I said above we have been there for the last 3 years. I guess they are under new managment/ownership (that's what the staff said). There was some special things that I thought were standard when renting from there but I guess not. In the past you could check in and they would send a ATV to your car with a trailer to load your stuff to the Houseboat. When we got there this year (with more stuff than ever) they only have 1 ATV, and aparentley its not suposed to leave the parking lot and it cant drive on the dock anymore so loading and unloading, takes way longer and is a bigger hassle. To get around this I suguest that you load all your stuff on to or in your Ski boat and launch your ski boat and drive it to the back of the houseboat your renting. This makes loading much easyer, You dont have to fight for a cart to load your houseboat. Un loading is the same. It seems as if they dont have the staff that they used to. And if your picking up or droping off at a time when there is more than 1 or 2 boats comming in or going out, they are way short staffed and your on your own. So if you can get over the loading and un loading your golding and it will make getting out of there much faster/easyer

One last footnote, We were late in departing because the people that rented the houseboat before us decided that they could bring the houseboat back when they wanted. When we got there we were standing around with our stuff in our hands and the houseboat had not been returned. When it showed up 3 hrs late, we were pretty pissed at the lame A$$ people. We pulled up my boat up to the houseboat as soon as it pulled in and started un loading becide it and the stupid people had no clue that we were the ones that had rented the houseboat and they were the ones making us late. They started asking questions about my boat and I was very short and somewhat rude because of our delay. we found some of there personal stuff they left behind if you know some fat people with a black x star tell them they can find there stuff at the bottom of the lake

Old     (xstar_mike)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-15-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Grant, thanks for the info! I have been thinking about renting a houseboat at NM and your "review" is helpful. Don't know anyone with a black X-Star!
Old    whitechocolate            06-15-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
Mike. Its a Black 04 X-star with white deck.

I see New Hogans has the Escapade, check them out if you dont want to go to NM.
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-15-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
How much were the boats?1,2,3,
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-15-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
Grant, how many people (adults and kids) did you have on the boat this year? I have the Odyssey rented this year, but would like to upgrade next year. I was wondering if it was real world suitable for 14 including 6 kids?
Old    oshensurfer            06-15-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
Cool. Thanks for the info. We're heading up to New Melones the week following July 4. SHould be a blast. How's the water level? Last time we were there it was still normal.
Old    whitechocolate            06-15-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Wild Bill :Im guessing but these #'s are close
#1 $1950
#2 $2400
#3 $2800
The Odessey is way worth the extra $. We were throwing a party so the extra room of the Escapade up top realy helped out. otherwise the Odessey is just as nice.

This is for the super saver rates. Super saver is for 2 weeeks right after memorial day weekend, Then the rates go right back up to full price of summer rates. The rates drop right after labor Day weekend. So to save money we rent 2 times a year right after Memorial day weekend and right after Labor day.
Flack: On boat #3 we had 16-18 people, Thats 2 people to a bed there is 3-4 of the beds are single. But all the rest are twin's So you should be just fine.

Scott: That water level seems just fine, However there is a well marked Rock formation in the center of the lake as you head towards the dam. Stay way clear of it. I was crusing 42 MPH a good distance 100 yards from it and my depth finder was showing 180 feet and then all of a sudden it went O feet I looked out and saw what I thought was rock. OOOoo way away from it you will see it clear as day.
Old    chavezychavez            06-15-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
Grant - Hogan doesn't have houseboats on it. Are you sure you aren't talking about another lake?

Scotty - I intend to crash your party. Prepare!
Old    whitechocolate            06-15-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
My Bad: Lake McClure is what I was talking about
Old    oshensurfer            06-16-2004, 8:00 AM Reply   
Chavey! It's ON!
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-16-2004, 8:42 AM Reply   
Grant - one last question: when the ignorant jerks were late with your boat, and you lost 3 hours of lake time, did you get any kind of refund? Were they hit with a surcharge?
Old    whitechocolate            06-16-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
The people that were late got charged $100 per Hr for being late. They were suposed to have the boat back at 9:00. It showed up at 2:00 That way it could be cleaned fueled and turned around to us No later than 2:00. So the way I saw it New Malonies got $500 for the boat being late.

I was upset and the people at Marina. They said they would take care of us $$ when we returned the boat. When we brought the boat back they gave my wife a $35 credit.

This IMO $35 was a Joke. I went back and talked with the manager and he gave us a $135 credit and booked us for next year at this years price. So I guess they took care of us. I would rather have had the boat there and payed full price then the run around we got. It wasent the Marinas fault the people in front of us were late. But If they were going to make $500 for them being late I would have thought they would have been a little more genourous in a refund.
Old    chavezychavez            06-16-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Grant - I hear McClure is pretty nice. It definitely looks nice from the air.

Scott: