Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
I recently hooked up my tower speaker and sub but when i put it in the water the other day i have the whining engine noise through the tower speakers. I know what it is but i need to know how to fix it. I have tried the RCA filter and it works......but....when the filter is on my sub barley moves and you cannot tell its working. Anyone had this happen or know how to fix it??? Thanks in advance.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-15-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
First: Where is the headunit getting it's power and ground, should be from the same battery as the amp and the best way to do this is go right to the amp's power and ground lugs. Next: are the RCS running parallel to any power or ground cables such as those for the amp(s)?
Old     (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Not to sure where the headunit is getting power. I just purchased this boat and there isnt any other wire going to the battery other than my amp that i put in there. The RCA's are running parallel with power and ground but only for about 4 feet to the head unit. My amps are underneath the steering wheel.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-15-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
Rewire the headunit and move the RCA's away from the power cables. Start there and see.
Old     (tige_ali)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-28-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
its definitely your rca connector. i suggest you change it.