Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-14-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
I want to add PP to my MC 205. Anyone know of a good deal for a set up and how to "add it yourself".? Have a blank spot in dash that would look great w PP there. All info much appreciated as I have not seen all the working parts or how to instal. Thanks
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-15-2006, 1:15 AM Reply   
Just finished installing my second PP in a month. It is real easy. Takes about three hours and a bit of patients but easy if you follow the instructions. There are a few chat rooms with instructions by others. I will forward you on a good set of instructions i found on the web. Will have them for you by Tuesday. It is a great system and believe it or not you hook it up turn on the engine and off it goes no calibrating rpm or speedos etc.
Rob
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-15-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
Robbie
Can you shoot me any relavent material or web sites. I too am putting PP on my Vride soon and never have done it.
Thanks
ITCH
fullonsalesgroup@comcast.net
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-15-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
thanks robbie. also wondering if i find a used system, what all should i be looking for? there is some PP stuff in the classified section on this site but i don't know what i am looking at,ie; complete system or what. any help pointing me in the right direction appreciated.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-15-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Brian,
Make sure you get the MasterCraft Perfect Pass. The display, which should be swapped out with your existing speedo, will say MasterCraft on it. Also, there are two different sized speedos. Make sure the diameter on the one you're going to purchase will fit the hole in your dash. I don't know what kind of deal you will get on a used system, but I would be very hesitant to buy used.
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Brian,

I'm about to install PP myself. I'm just using the manufacturer's manual to install it, but now I'm very curious to see what Robbie sent you. Can you forward the same info to me please.

Thanks
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
We have a pretty decent set of instructions posted here on WakesideRides.com. You shouldn't need any more detail, and with those to follow it won't take more than a few hours if you go nice and slow.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-15-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
thanks for the info. what should a new system cost and where is a good plce to get one?
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-16-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
a good place to get one? a little help here please.list some sources and any good reputable dealers would be appreciated. Thanks Jason for the instructions link.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-16-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
http://www.perfectpass.com/
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
I went to PP's website and looked at their list of dealers...found one close to me while still being out-of-state. I didn't see much for price differences throughout the US. Couple bucks here or there not worth my worry.
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-19-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Sorry for the delay guys been away. The site to us is wakesiderides.com as above great instructions and pics. I had an incident with mine as water was pouring out of the dash as we accelerated and not as we went along slowly. Had to take the dash apart to find that the water was coming from. The hose i had taken off the speedo from my SN 1994 was leaking water all over my electrics. So to anyone out there thinking of doing this make sure to clip it off or seal it up as it can ruin the electrics.
Rob
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-19-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Robbie,

Can you say again what you did? Which hose? How was it near your electronics?