Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    lakesideluver            06-30-2003, 6:27 PM Reply   
okay folks im sold on getting the best of the best bindings, i was doin a simple wake to wake 180 and sketched out a little well my back foot popped out of my tfd and my front stayed in.....the result was when my knee came up i caught the fin in the forearm......stiches stiches stiches......back on the water in two weeks......im thinkin byerlys?
Old    shaggydan22            06-30-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
about a month ago, i took the board to the face. 5 stiches. weirdest thing is that i stayed in my cwb zeus bindings. i rode the next day after i got the stiches. i think if you just keep a lot of ointment on your cut you will be fine.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
that is nasty looking
Old    wes_the_gimp            06-30-2003, 9:04 PM Reply   

you now have two(smiles)
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-30-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
Cool picture!
Old    wakelvr            06-30-2003, 9:52 PM Reply   
cool picture? It scared me!! I about threw up!

I would NEVER make it in the medical profession.
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-30-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
I wouldnt either Stefani!!! yuk!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2003, 10:26 PM Reply   
Chicks dig scars.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-30-2003, 10:37 PM Reply   
My husband once did that to his chin with a motorcycle handle bar. We didn't have a first aid kit handy so I stuffed a tampon in his chin to stop the bleeding. Once he got to the Yuma ER, his buddy had to leave the room when the Doctor pulled the tampon out and then proceeded to put his finger, up to the knuckle, way up in there to check for bone fragments! Cool stuff,huh?
So ladies just know this, tampons are sterile and can come in handy sometimes!:-)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2003, 10:39 PM Reply   
Thats like something Macgyver would do.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2003, 10:46 PM Reply   
Here's another one, my Buddy burst his eardrum scuba diving, when he came out the water we stuffed a tampon in his ear, it was such a funny sight.
Old    lindsayl            06-30-2003, 11:05 PM Reply   
Dang, I guess I'm lucky. I took the board to my chin last summer. No gash, just a funny bruise. When it first happened, I was sure I had split my chin open. Brought back memories of a snow skiing crash I head, took a ski to the back of my head and wound up with 12 stitches.

That is a nasty looking gash.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2003, 11:27 PM Reply   
I once got the board in my mouth (I had braces at the time) and got my bottom lip cought up in my top brace, I couldn't speak (left open to abuse from my friends, hahaha) I had to get alot of my lip cut off my braces and have stiches, had to drink out of a straw for a while.
My friends found it funny, because I couldn't talk back.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-30-2003, 11:59 PM Reply   
Well Kris now we know how you lost all that weight
Old    lakesideluver            07-01-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
okay okay you got it worse than me, now dude, if that had hit you a little lower you would have slit your throat and youd be dead......i went ridgin today too lol