Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-04-2010, 10:39 PM Reply   
I'm trying to find contact info for Tidal Audio.

The "Tidal Audio Delta Series TD880-SM" amp in my 2009 MB B52 V23 has stopped working (no power light), and I think an internal fuse might be blown. I couldn't see a fuse last time I looked at it, and will probably have to unmount the amp to get a better look (the boat is an hour away so I can't just run out to check it). I was hoping to confirm whether there even is an internal fuse and what kind it is so I can get a replacement. The external fuses I'm aware of look okay.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
John
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-04-2010, 10:49 PM Reply   
I saw 877-569-0763 listed in another thread, but that is a dead #. Is the company out of business?
Old     (Matt831)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-04-2010, 10:50 PM Reply   
I have my old Delta series S580. Not sure if it compares, but I'll check the for fuses and such tomorrow morning.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-05-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
my guess is ther are no internal fuses...you probably blew the FET's. Common issues when driving an amp to hard and past it's limits. It is repairable. under $100.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2010, 6:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for that info. (Though I'm sure I didn't drive it too hard; I barely used the radio at all this year, and it was at low volume.)

Anyone recommend a good replacemet amp if I can't get it repaired?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-05-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
reall easy to check the FET's.....just pull the amp casing off. Seach the internt for pics of "FET's" so you know what to look at...when you find them they will looked burned/blown. ( you'll see them blackedened).
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-07-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
User error! I recently had to replace my batteries and had not properly hooked up the amp's negative cable. I didn't check that before because I thought it had been working since I replaced the batteries, but I guess not. So I felt kind of stupid but I'll take that over having to get things fixed.

Last edited by johndk; 08-07-2010 at 7:30 PM.