Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-19-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
The california delta has many problems that persist and worsen as the years pass, I've seen a lot of posts on here about new 5 mph zones etc. Now, in my world geography class, theres a project called iSearch. You are supposed to find a local problem and come up with an effective solution. All that being said, if anyone knows of an unresolved problem, please post it on here.
Thanks,
Trevor
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-19-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
Ya- I got an unresolved problem affecting ALL lakes and rivers. Its called pollution, and its slowly becoming dangerous to go swimming! People dying from bacteria infections from the water, high e-coli counts ect. Run-off from streets, fields ect and illegal dumping is ruining our enviroment. The delta is especially a victim- its a fragile ecosystem thats slowly dying-
Educate them Trevor
Good luck on your project whatever topic you decide
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-19-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
fishermen
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
There are too many idiots running around in the world.

And they always seem to hang out around the launch ramp. What's up with that?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-19-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
I think I will go with Scott A's Topic, haha.
thanks guys, anymore ideas are welcome.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-19-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
The PWC issue is always simple to write about. You can argue pollution, safety concerns and the fact that they are little bastards.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-19-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
how about uneducated boaters. Too many people just buy a boat and go out there and act like idiots. Some sort of a licensing program would be good I think.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-19-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
my dad always joked about putting a boom on our boat and just clos lining jet skiers and guys on waverunners
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
Haha - billys' on fire here!Upload
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
PWC's aren't all that much of an issue at the Delta, actually. Not from what I've seen, at least.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-19-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
billy, what specifically about fisherman?