Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
I found this Clarion EA1251B Ipod adaptor receiver interface kit on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CLARION-EA1251B-IPOD-ADAPTOR-RECEIVER-INTERFACE-KIT_W0QQitemZ5862432685QQcategoryZ60208QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was hoping that some of you might be able to answer some questions about it.

1. If any of you have this, what do you think of it?

2. Does this allow you to still use the ipod controls, or must you only control it through the head unit?

3. It says that it works with most 2001 and up clarion cd players with CeNET controls. I have a clarion M5675 CD player that came in my 02 X-Star. I believe it has a C-Bus input. Will this work with this unit, or do I have to get a new CD player?
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-11-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
My Previous post in Audio Forum. Maybe this helps

Just found this wonderful thread about adding an aux input for the Clarion XMD1. It works with a couple plugs/patch cords and a little soldering. It saved me from having to buy another head unit and remotes. Takes about an hour to do.
Clarion xmd-1
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-11-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
I use it to plug in MP3 player and XM into my older Clarion XMD1 head unit. works like a charm. It requires a switch to select the alternate source from an input into the cd changer plug on the back of the Head.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-11-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
After looking at the link I think the adapter on ebay is for a newer head unit with cnet. Mine is an 2000 model prior to cnet, (xmd1).
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-11-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
Dude you can use and itrip and basically do the same thing. I would highly recommend it, I got mine off of ebay for $11 shiped.

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
IMO I trip is a POS. Works great if your not into sound quality or care about static from raido staion's cutting into your music. IMO they are a waster of money
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
IMO I trip is a POS. Works great if your not into sound quality or care about static from raido staion's cutting into your music.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, I already have an i-trip. Sound quality is very poor due to interference. That's why I wanted to wire it in directly.

What about the Peripheral PXOD ipod Aux interface, such as this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5840382604&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWA:IT

I realize I would have to get a new head unit if I go this route, but I think I can get a Clarion M455 which has two aux inputs and ready for sirius for about $125.

Is this device pretty easy to set up, and does it work well?
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-12-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
I know what you mean but if you tune it right it will work great. Trust me I hate bad sounding music and if it wasnt good I would throw it away.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-12-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
Matt-
That guy on ebay cannot deliver . They are back ordered he says. I bought another model from Clayton at Sound Illusions and works great.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
JTW - Does your model allow you to still use the ipod controls, charge the battery, and wire directly into any auxillary input? Also, how long is the cord that goes to the ipod?
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-12-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Matt-
It only allows you to use ipod controls. RCA jacks go into aux input in the head unit. The cords are about 4' long. I tapped power into same power as head unit .
Old    wkearney99            02-24-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
The Clarion EA1251B interface forces you to use only all songs or specially named (clarion1-5) playlists. You cannot use the click-wheel to select anything, they disable it when you connect to the Clarion interface. While it's a BAD IDEA to use the click-wheel in a marine environment it sucks to be stuck using just those playlists.

I'm going to attempt to figure out the wired remote protocols and see of I can come up with an interface through there. I'll put my iPod in an Aquabox and use the click-wheel through it to select what albums or genres I want and then use the wired remote to stop/start/next/prev.

It's a shame the Clarion interface does such a bad job.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Can anyone make this pigtail setup that plugs into the xmd1 for me? How much and how long?
I dont have the time to go down the radio shack and make the wiring setup, would be nice if someone will make it! I have an xmd1 that I want to run an ipod into instead of buying the newer xmd3 with the aux input.
thanks!
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-24-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
i have the clarion ipod interface and i love it.
it makes your ipod like a 6 disk cd changer
disc one is your entire ipod library and discs 2-6 are playlists with as many songs as you want.

When it is plugged in the ipod is charging but you can not use any of the ipod features. you must control it from the head unit.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       03-03-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Can anyone make me a plug ??
thanks!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-03-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
I'll make it for you, call me, I think you have my number, if not it's in the book.
Mike
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-14-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
can anyone confirm that the clarion m5675 has the same cbus interface? I thought the cbus was a square plug.

I'm wanting to do the same to my xstar
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-14-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
well, I gave that a try tonight, and connecting 5 & 9 together didnt have any effect on my deck :-(