Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-06-2011, 5:54 PM Reply   
Does everyone have problems especially in the beginning of the season? I had to cut my ride short the other day because my feet were killing me. Kind of a numb feeling but painful. It seems to be getting worse as I get older. I'm just wondering if it is just me and maybe some new bindings would cure this or if everyone goes through it.
Old     (rubberduckey)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-06-2011, 5:56 PM Reply   
My feet were hurting really bad at the beginning of this season too.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-06-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
Try to loosen your lower laces a bit, that helped for me.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-07-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
I had the same problem.... my lead foot would get numb no matter what I did. Tried loosening the laces but then I got pulled out on one foot only on a failed 3 and hurt my knee pretty bad.

I ended up swapping the bindings out.. new bindings are money. So could be the way certain binding shapes cause pinch points on peoples feet..
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-07-2011, 2:56 PM Reply   
Same problem here. I just started wakeboarding this season and could only ride for a few minutes at a time because my feet would start hurting so bad. I would have to drop the line and get out of the boots within 5-7 minutes. I was in a pair of '09 Ronix Kai closed toe. I ordered a pair of '10 Ronix One last week. Got them on Tuesday and rode in them for the first time last night. I had to get them adjusted so I would not get ripped out of them when I took a digger. After that they were money. I was able to go for 25-30 minutes (total including falls) without even once thinking about the way my feet felt. They are so much more comfortable than the other boots I have.
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-07-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
I'm glad to see it's not just me. I am riding a pair of 07 CWB Zeus. May be time to demo something else - got any suggestions?
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-08-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
I went with slingshot R.A.D.... unreal comfy in comparison to my old 2010 Ronix Cells. The insoles come out so you can easily heat them up and mold em to your feet. So hard to describe the feel but it's honestly like no other binding I've tried. Only thing is they are a little harder to get out of than conventional C/T bindings but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-08-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
I started having foot pain a couple years ago whenever I rode. I could barely last 10 minutes before my feet were killing me. Then the pain kept on coming even when I wasn't on the lake. Long story short I had developed plantar fasciitis. It got so bad that it hurt to just walk. Trying to determine whether it was caused from wakeboarding or just from the way I walk was like trying to determine if the chicken or the egg came first.

I ended up getting relief from wearing Lynco orthotics in my shoes. They run about $75 a pair from the doctor or about $27 off of e-bay. I have a set in every pair of shoes that I wear. After about 4 months of wearing them the pain went away. My feet still get a little sore during riding, but nothing like it was before I started wearing the orthotics.

Plantar fasciitus is a pretty common athletic injury, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by wakeboarding.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-08-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
wakeskate
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
stuey

put a loop of material around the central laces and your RAD boots will much easier to get out of. KEY is to make sure the laces are completely removed from the locking teeth and then pull on the loop of material till the lace pull hits the cuff and then pull out. super simple.
Attached Images

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
but as for boots giving problems, just remember every foot is not the same nor is every boot. luckily, its a little easier to demo boots than it is to demo boards. try on as many as you can. sometimes wearing (neo) socks can help relieve pressure points too
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
Jeremy... yeah I saw your other thread on em> I'm going to try that out for sure.. thanks
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-12-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
I was going to go with RADs but I don't like the idea of the liner coming out of the boot. That is the only thing that stopped me.