Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-24-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
Think people are being easy on the OP cause she's a chick. And I couldn't care less about the MC think, to me the 230 is much more boat than the MXZ, IMO.

I'm just surprised she isn't being called out on this stuff. If it was a guy making this comparison and a Tige or MB was involved it would be MAD in here (mutually assured destruction).

But I'm glad they found a boat they love and the bu is a great boat, don't get me wrong, I would be proud to own one. My priorities are wakeboarding though, and I give up on other stuff to have a great wake. Reason I've owned old stars which do nothing really well is because of the slammed wake.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-24-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
And to the guy that said the MXC with bow tank still has decent storage? Are you serious? It has ZERO storage with the tank! Nothing! Obviously you have never looked at one with that statement
Are you referring to me Ron? If so, yes, i am serious, and yes, ive seen, rode in and crawled around in ever nook and cranny of a 22 and 24 MXZ. The boat has plenty of storage. I didnt say the storage was under the bow seats, I stated the boat, as in the port side mid-ship locker, rear v-drive lockers, storage tray above the engine, transom storage, under seat storage, cooler, glove box, storage pocket by throttle and storage bins along floor by drivers seat. Oh, and dont forget the 20 cup-holders. So, the MXZ still has plenty of storage, even though a hard plastic bow tank takes up space under the bow seats. Your opinion of storage may be different then mine, though. I amp looking at it from the perspective that these are trailer boats, not weekenders.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-24-2013, 8:22 AM Reply   
Haha 20 cup holders. Game changer! The OP should look at a G23 too.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-24-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
@chpthrillah:

Would you say that the MXZ is the best 22' footer on the market? I'm interested in your perspective as you "crawl" all over boats a lot. Are you a boat detailer or are you the guy from boattest.com?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-24-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
Yes chp I was referring to you. I read your reply as stating that it still had decent bow storage with the tank, sorry. And as you know it doesn't have any at all, zero. Not even a spot to put a little lead. well I guess you could put some in the cup holders.

Are you employed by a dealer? What brands do you guys sell?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-24-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Oh and I know the OP has already passed on the x-25 which is prob a good idea but just wanted to point out what I was talking about with the x-25 rolling over at slower speeds. Check this 21+mph vid out. Tell me that port wake doesnt look like its ready to roll right over. Now add a bunch of peeps and maybe some more weight to her and let's see it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEmfz...e_gdata_player
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-24-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Jet,

Im not a boat dealer, nor am I the guy from boattest.com. I am not affiliated with any boat manufactures or dealers and heck, I have a 24ft pontoon Ive been working on boat for over 15 years, so have some experience and can qualify my statements.

Now, to your other question. My personal opinion, like yours, is useless here and doesn't matter, but for you I will offer it. No, I do not think the 22 MXZ is the best 22 ft'r on the market. This is based on what I want out of a boat personally. It has everything to do what I personally want out of a boat, and zero to do with what I actually think about the 22 MXZ or any other boat. 2nd, your question is soo loaded and vague, its almost impossible to answer, without the answer being heavily biased and based on personal expectations.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-24-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
Don't dodge the question: if you were buying a 22 or 23 footer today (as the OP did look at a 23 footer) which would it be? "Vague questions?"

I will implore of you to offer your opinion here, and be honest.

And I love how because you service boats you think you are a pro, yet could not even point out that the MXZ has NO bow space. Your credibility is zero, you are boring, and frankly, I question your intelligence. You are a bu fanboy and the jig is up.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-24-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
This has to be one of the worst threads in we history.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-24-2013, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Oh and I know the OP has already passed on the x-25 which is prob a good idea but just wanted to point out what I was talking about with the x-25 rolling over at slower speeds. Check this 21+mph vid out. Tell me that port wake doesnt look like its ready to roll right over. Now add a bunch of peeps and maybe some more weight to her and let's see it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEmfz...e_gdata_player
You do realize that boats are heavier on the helm side....and that there is only a driver in that boat..... and then add in the force from the prop rotatation.... Almost every boat on planet earth is going to do that. That video shows nothing that any other wake boat wouldn't be doing.

I don't get it. Did an X25 beat you up in an alley or something??
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-24-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Starting to agree with that jilted ex-wife comment...

Don't get why people get their panties all in a bunch over other people's boat preferences....
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-24-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Don't dodge the question
Do they not teach reading in school any more? I answered your question. You asked if I felt the MXZ was the best 22ft'r and I answered no and offered an explanation.

Quote:
if you were buying a 22 or 23 footer today (as the OP did look at a 23 footer) which would it be?
Doesnt matter one bit. Its not a brand or model being considered by the OP, so interjecting my personal opinion into this thread about a boat the OP doesnt want to hear about is useless.

Quote:
yet could not even point out that the MXZ has NO bow space]
Theres that reading thing again. Go back and review the thread. It had already been stated that the bow tank on the MXZ consumed the bow storage. if you read slowly, you will see that I was referring to the storage available through out the entire boat, in light if it not having any under-seat bow storage.

Quote:
Your credibility is zero, you are boring, and frankly, I question your intelligence. You are a bu fanboy and the jig is up
LOL, thats funny right there, I dont care who you are. Its all good, no worries. I feel no need to justify myself to you. You are establishing your place on WW just fine. You should seriously reevaluate your credibility here with your 32 posts in your 9 days of existence.

Quote:
And I love how because you service boats you think you are a pro
And I love how because you ride behind a boat you think you are a pro wake-boarder

Last edited by chpthril; 02-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-24-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
tis' the third incarnation of troyd.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-24-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
Nothing personal Cpthrill or anyone else I may have offended. School is sucking the life out of me. Just wish I was riding again.

Anyone lucky enough to be riding in a 100K wake boat is blessed no matter what manufacturer's badge is on the side of the boat.

Congrats on the new ride and let's see some pics!

Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-24-2013, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
I don't get it. Did an X25 beat you up in an alley or something??
That's funny. Excuses excuses. I'm just tired of all the fanboys saying "best stock wake of any boat" and "you don't even need any additional ballast" nonsense. You get the same comments from MB guys about their boats and it's all a matter of hull design. That deep V hull gives the appearance of a nice tall wake with less ballast than a flatter hulled wake boat but at a cost. That cost is often ignored and not reported by its owners. Meaning need more speed to clean up and the more weight you add the more it rolls over. Kinda like a Fourwinns or sea ray!
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-24-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
Yup. They are a POS. Everyone may as well trade all of their deep-Vs for horses, and then shoot the horses.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-24-2013, 2:56 PM Reply   
This thread is boss.

Personally I think pretty much everything is a trade off in some way or another. You can get a great wake with stock ballast but you may not get a clean low mph wake. You have have a great surf wake stock but you either have to give up the clean low speed wake or spend a lot more money. You can get a boat with all the fancy screens and bling but you pay a higher price. There isn't a single boat that is perfect for everybody. I personally like MB's because I think they are built as good as any boat on the market, perform well, use high quality materials, are simple and are priced on par with the lowest priced boats on the market. The trade off would be that it is hard to get a clean wake at slow speeds, it is harder/more expensive to add extra ballast, there is no walk through, built in cooler and you don't get all the fancy screens that allow for all kinds of ballast, speed and other preferences. My personal preferences are for simple, inexpensive and quality. Like DBC schooled me in another thread my preferences aren't everybody elses. For him a clean low speed wake is very important. Also I bet he ends up with a new boat soon that has the surfgate because having a boat that can stay evenly weighted and still throw up a solid surf wake is important. Without it being evenly weighted I am not sure he gets to surf as much.

I think the OP was obviously favoring the Malibu and he chose it. Awesome. Now get ready to have some fun on it but don't forget to post some picks so we can all be jealous.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-25-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
Sounds like you made up your mind. The important thing is that you are happy.

But c'mon, the MXZ wakeboard wake better than the X25? Really? Can I ask what your level of experience is in wakeboarding? Particularly, in your ability to judge a wakeboarding wake? What about the bu's wake was better?

I'll be first to call troll on the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
Soooooo....

You demo'ed a X25 and a 230 and thought the MXZ was the best boat for the same money? You ranked the MXZ wakeboard wake over the SAN 230 and the X25?

That must have been some salesman!
I cannot believe the WW mods are letting JetTroll destroy the OP's thread this way. This is the most ridiculous **** I have seen on here in a while.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-25-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
I cannot believe the WW mods are letting JetTroll destroy the OP's thread this way. This is the most ridiculous **** I have seen on here in a while.
I was out of line, lets move on.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-25-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Brett, I agree. It's going to be a loooooooong spring if people keep this ***** up.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-25-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
I was out of line, lets move on.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-25-2013, 9:35 AM Reply   
To the OP, apologies for some of the responses you've had to read. Hopefully this experience doesn't sour you to the site. You've been around here awhile, you know how the minions get restless in winter. Congratulations on your new boat, I think you made the best choice!

To Jet, I hope you've enjoyed your time on WW. You've managed to piss off and alienate a lot of quality people because of your ego, bravo. Good luck with people taking you seriously or ever replying to any thread you might create.
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       02-25-2013, 12:17 PM Reply   
Thank you all for your opinions and help except of course JetRanger. You are a bully and I suggest you not refer to girls,women or ladies as a chick on this forum dude. I am no chicken. Thanks again to all the other good folk on wake world. Have a great summer!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-25-2013, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautigirls View Post
Thank you all for your opinions and help except of course JetRanger. You are a bully and I suggest you not refer to girls,women or ladies as a chick on this forum dude. I am no chicken. Thanks again to all the other good folk on wake world. Have a great summer!
I guess that means you did not accept my apology. But that's your problem, not mine. Enjoy your new 'bu.
Old     (wkbddad)      Join Date: May 2005       03-01-2013, 10:02 PM Reply   
Both wakes are great, MXZ all the time and MC when its not curling over (which unfortunately happens a lot)