Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       03-09-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Does any one for see wakeboards going with a channel binding system like on burton snowboard?
I feel like it would give more stance options and Make the boards and Bindings lighter?
What are your thoughts?
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-09-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
you mean just like the new 2010 Hyperlite Marek with it's Strata Mounting System?
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-09-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
yes
Attached Images

Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       03-09-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
hahahhaha I guess they beat me to it! Do you have to get hyperlite binding though?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-09-2010, 4:27 PM Reply   
Anyone used this? and does it actually stay tight... I would guess with only two screw into it, it could break free pretty easy
My old burton board would have my bust loose if I came up short and smashed the knuckle , and it was a PITA to have to readjust like 3 times during a day on the hill.
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-09-2010, 4:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucktowake View Post
hahahhaha I guess they beat me to it! Do you have to get hyperlite binding though?
I remember someone saying on Stokemeter that any bindings will work but if you wear anything but hype's it voids the warranty I think. Anyone know for sure?
Old     (kmoney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-10-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
i fear change
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       03-10-2010, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
i fear change
I doubt that it will carry across all wake boards. Much like in snowboards Burton is the only one that has been successful with it.
Old     (tylerc)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-11-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
It's actually a really cool system, I had an opportunity to ride the Marek/Marek setup a few weeks ago. Made it very easy to adjust angles and widths on the boat, I didn't notice any more heel/toe lift then a normal binding has. The Marek boot was too stiff for my liking, but thats about the only bad thing I have to say about it. If you had one board for multiple riders I can see the additional expense for the setup being worth it. However I very rarely change my stance once i get it set up so it's not really anything I'd go out a buy just to have.

If HL dropped the price and threw that system into an entry level product it would probably sell like crazy.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
Burton has tweaked their system over the past few years to where I can go a full week trip and never have to tighten the bindings on their ICS channel. If Hyperlite is using the same hardware as Burton (assuming they are licensing the technology) then it should be a good system.