Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (nickyneptune)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-20-2008, 6:16 AM Reply   
Just bought an 04 supra ssv. Can't get the berha ballast to drain. I made sure the toggle on valve was down. only found two valves on top of trans. Any manual way to drain? Thansk Nick
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-20-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
Nick, I'm not sure the differences between 04'/05', but in my 05' I had a ballast that wouldn't drain. I found some fuses up under the steering column, sure enough, just a blown fuse. Also, my "fill" valves are on top of the trans, while the "empty" pumps are near each ballast.

In a pinch, I was able to put a bunch of pressure on the full bag which forced the water through and past the pump, then out the side of the boat. I was able to get it empty enough to drag the bag out of the compartment and on to the swim platform to dump the rest.
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-20-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Im having the same problem with my LSV. If nothing else you can "siphon" the tanks dry with a cut off piece of water hose. I keep a piece in my boat just in case. It just has to be long enough to get below the bottom of your ballast tank.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
I got a 2004 ssv and mine was doing the same thing. I had a blown fuse under the dash and also one of the pumps was bad.
Old     (nickyneptune)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
Thanks, I'll check the fuses.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2008, 6:41 AM Reply   
When you flip the switch to empty do you hear the pumps running? If not check the fuses. If so the pumps may not be primed, put pressure on the bags to prime the pumps. I'm thinking others are right that you have a blown fuse somewhere.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Double check for kinked hoses too. When I upgraded to the GG bags I needed an extension to reach the fill connector. It will now fold over on itself when emptying, then slow down or stop flow when I go to fill em up again.