Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (doubleup360)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-14-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Im riding a 2002 Premier right now and I absolutly love it. But it is getting alittle beat up and I need a new ride before it busts. I heard the 04 premier changed and that the ERA is more like an old premier. is this true? how does an old premier and the new premier and the old premier and ERA compare ? any help would be great.
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-14-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
man the era is the exact same as the 03 premier
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-14-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
2002 Premier is the SAME board as the 2003 ERA... the 2004 and 2004 Premier is supposed to be a little faster and have a little more pop then the old Premier and Era.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2004, 11:37 PM Reply   
i've heard from 6 or 7 guys that the new premier ('04) is A LOT slower than the old premier ('04 era, '02 premier).

again, it's what they've told me...didn't experience personally.
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-17-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
I rode the 03 premier and picked up an 04 a few months ago. The 04 has more pop and feels more consistent. the extra length and width help me out...I needed a little more board(200 lbs)
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-17-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
extra length usually does.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-17-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
According to the adds the new premier was supposed to be faster and more agressive... Uh, nice marketing. I rode the '03 at the start of the year last year and the '04 at the end of the year and into the start of this year. It is definitely not faster or more agressive. It is, however, a nice board. I really like riding it behind a huge wake. The subtle 3 stage is predictable and smooth. I say huge wake, because it doesn't pop very hard. If you are looking for a moderately fast and snappy board go with the era. If you are looking for a super smooth, forgiving and stable ride go with the new premier. From what I have heard the new base on the premier makes it faster (they killed the old sticky jib base), but I don't yet know from experience. I still love both premiers and think in '05 I'll probably go back to the new premier (I'm on a Substance right now, which is also worth checking out. More similar to the old premier/era, but faster and more pop).

Just my opinion.
Old    ntron            08-17-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
04 Premier is definately slower, but I think that it has a greater pop due it being wider. I like the board. I would say Demo the board. The Era is exactly what you are riding now. Good luck.