Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    auclutch            07-15-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
Hi,

I live in Northern VA/McLean and I've been wakebaording for about 5 years now. the problem is that I don't have any friends that are any good and now I want someone to teach me to do tantrums/rolls and or other types of flips. I can do just about any type of grab and get huge air but i want to learn how to do aerials from someone first hand rather than reading about it online. if you need someone to ride with or if you're an instructor I can pay you. if you are good and need a boat to ride on I go just about every day and my boat is docked in a marina in D.C. right near the washington fish market. I really want to start getting better asap because i'm sick of just doing the same tricks over and over again. i'm hoping that seeing better riders will motivate me to move to the next level. if anyone is interested email me at auclutch@hotmail.com

thanks.
Old    wakechick            07-15-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
I'm not sure how far away this is for you, but Travis Propst, this month's featured rider, lives near Richmond. Read his article. He recently took 3rd place in Jr. Men's at the Reno tour stop. He does lessons and it might be worth looking into (if it's not too far - like I said, I'm not really sure). He is an awesome rider and a very cool person.

You can probably contact Glass and Powder Boardshop for information on how to get in touch with Travis.

www.glassandpowder.com
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
glass and powder boardshop rules!

-mango
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-15-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
I live in VA and go out on the potomac... Just learned tantrums and will be working on backrolls and some other inverts soon. But your best bet would be to take a clinic...Mentioned before would be in Richmond, I know they have some there and take what you learn and keep practicing.
Old    auclutch            07-15-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
thanks for all the responses guys! any other information would be deeply appreciated.
Old    natter            07-15-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey pat aren't you suppose to be working?
Old    auclutch            07-15-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
I just signed up with Travis. Hope I learn some trick stuff.
Old    wakechick            07-16-2004, 6:13 AM Reply   
Awesome! You will not be disappointed.

(Message edited by Wakechick on July 16, 2004)