Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       05-24-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
Can anyone suggest a binding to try that has a snug fit high on the ankle. I tried on the large LF Alphas and Transits yesterday, but I have major problems with anything that fits too tight over the top of my foot as they did...even with laces totally loose. They also crushed my ankle if I went tight enough to keep my heel down. I need a way to lock my foot down higher up | this type of fit has worked well for me with snowboard boots. I have a WIDE 8 1/2 foot size with a high arch. I havenft tried on the Hyperlite line yet, but some appear to have a decent adjustment higher up on the ankle...at least the Murray and 3DS look like it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-24-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Steve, I have a size 9 at least EEE and in some cases EEEE wide foot. I know superwide glide. Anyway, I have the '05 Transits and although they are somewhat snug right now they will loosen up and provide plenty of support. A friend of my has them and his are broken in. I rode his for a set and they felt like slippers. Mine aren't there yet, but I believe you will probably have to break in all bindings to some extent. My '05 Sphynx though were cushy right out of the box but way too flexible for me. Hope that helps.
Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       05-24-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input - that does help. I was actually leaning towards the Alpha binding and going with the LF Omega package - seems like a good deal, but Ifm hesitant with the slight lifting of the heal...is that normal with most bindings? This is only my second season wakeboarding, so I don't have a lot of experience with different equipment. Ifve only used my buddies LF Trip with a binding that had ratchets to tighten them, but Ifm not sure what they are. I did fail to mention that I would prefer a little stiffer, more supportive binding.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
If you want a little stiffer more supportive binding with zero heel lift then go with the 06 CWB Zeus with the hinge tech.
Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       05-24-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip. Do you know if CWB has a website? I couldn't find one. I want to check for dealers in the Twin Cities area.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
www.ridecwb.com
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
ridecwb.com

I have wide feet too and I wear the Zeus, its a great boot. You may need to adjust the toe piece but I used Old Spice Deodorant sticks in the toes to stretch them out. Worked like a champ. I too ride the Mediums and my toes barely poke out the front. Essentially replicating the closed toe hype of LF & Hyperlite boots.
Old    xray_eye            05-24-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
O'Brien Link, don't know if its what your lookin for, but plenty of room over the foot.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-24-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Check out the CWB Fuse also.
Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
Well, I tried the CWB Zeus (M 8-10) and CWB Torq (L/XL 9-12) - they didnft have the Fuse in stock. The Torq's fit perfect over the foot with the laces tightened all the way over the top of the foot and the heel was pretty tight but not uncomfortable. The Zeus were slightly too tight over the top of the foot and the heel was a little tighter than the Torq...maybe too tight? How much can you expect a binding to stretch over time? I think the Torq would be perfect right away, but I worry that they may become a little too loose over the top of my foot with time and I wish they were a little higher. These bindings do lock the heal down and the hinge is a pretty nice concept. They also accommodate Fred Flintstone feet. I still need to try Hyperlite Murry and 3DS | do they generally run wide too? Thanks for all your input | itfs a big help!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-25-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
I have big and wide fit and have found the Parks bindings to be my saving grace. They do not have stiff rubber on the side of tehfoot, so a wide foot will nto get cramped. It also has great ankle support.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Steve the Zeus and the Torq have adjusments on the hinge system so you can dial in how tight you want them to lock on your heel. As far as the Zeus being a little tight over the top of the foot, all you have to do is ride in them for a couple weeks to break them in or get into hot water with them on and they will stretch out to your foot. I also wanted to let you know that next month CWB has a 07 binding getting released early called the Faction it has the hinge system as well and the foot section of the binding is made to mold to YOUR feet, have heard nothing but really good things about this binding.
Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Thanks for that info on the heel adjustment Jeff. The Zeus will probably be the ticket if I don't like the Hyperlite and I can't wait for the Fraction binding to come out.