Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (svlwake)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-26-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
About two years ago in september 2010 ago I dislocated my left shoulder doing a raley (it came out when i was pulling it back down and diving into the water with a dislocated shoulder was not fun). I ride regular so It is my front shoulder that has the problems. I called it an end to my season to let it heal and it still wasn't feeling stabile. I make my way to the gym 4-5 days a week and do shoulder stabilization exercises 3 days a week. After dislocating my shoulder again in may of 2011 I saw an orthopedic surgeon and had an MRI which showed a labral tear all the way down into my biceps tendon. I had surgery and took the whole year of 2011 off (no wakeboarding, mx, snowboarding etc.) My shoulder was feeling strong again after surgery and 12 months of rehab. Well this year I rode 2 times no problem. The third time on my first set I was doing an elephant and it partially came out (subluxed) again. Since than it has been nothing but problems but I still do the exercises regularly. At this point I don't want consider another surgery since the first one wasn't successful and I would hate to postpone my life for another year especially at 22 years old. Sorry for the novel but I'm sure some of you are dealing with this and want to hear your story, input, and advice. Are there any shoulder braces out there to wear when you ride? Thanks for your time.