Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Boost_GSXR)      Join Date: May 2012       03-22-2013, 9:33 PM Reply   
What has your experiences been, good? bad?
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-22-2013, 10:13 PM Reply   
I bought a Hyperlite 143cm 3DS board about 4 years ago on eBay, and at that time, it was a previous year's model, I think an '07. Anyhow, I rode it for a season and a half, and half-way through the 2nd season, I decided I wanted to widen my stance, and realized the board had a bad insert. Well, the eBay seller was Grizzly Sports, so I emailed them to see if they could do anything for me, and they had me send the board in. I waited until the end of that season, and sent it to them. It took a ton of calls and hounding them about it, but they finally consulted with Hyperlite and decided to replace it right before the following season. Phew. However, Hyperlite didn't make the 3DS anymore, so they asked me to look at the new boards and decide on something. I'm 6'3" 200lbs, so I need a bigger board. I went with a middle of the line board, but Grizzly didn't have that in stock, and said it would take a few weeks, and suggested the State 144cm. I didn't know anything about the State, but I just wanted SOMETHING since it was almost spring already, so I said, "Sure, send it." Before I got it, I checked it out on their website, and it's a bottom of the line beginner board, with toe edge shaped differently than heel edge. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm not a beginner, either, so I was a little bummed. But, I only dropped ~$150 on the old 3DS, so I figured I'd just sell the State and use that cash towards a board I wanted. So, naturally, I went ahead and started looking. I found a smokin' deal on a previous year model Ronix District on evo.com, but they only had 1 in stock in the size I needed, so I went ahead and ordered it. It got to me about the same time the Hyperlite replacement did. I opened the Ronix board, and was stoked. I debated even taking the Hyperlite out of the box, thinking I'd just post some stock photos of it on eBay, list it as brand new, and someone gets it in factory condition. But, I decided to take it out, thinking that actual photos would help, even if I didn't take off the plastic wrap. Boy, am I glad I did. Grizzly or Hyperlite, one of the two, either made a mistake or decided to hook me up, because instead of the State, I found a 145 Marek (Malinoski's pro model) in the box. Needless to say, I didn't sell it.

So, yeah, Hyperlite has done me well. Gotta shout out to Grizzly Sports, as well. It took them a while, but they came through.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-23-2013, 5:50 AM Reply   
I've had a board and 2 pairs of bindings replaced for free, so they were great there. Problem is the bindings didn't hold up well. I got the drive bindings (maybe state), I don't remember the names. They didn't last a month before the laces started ripping out. They got warrantied no problem. I asked to get a different model since they failed so fast, and I was told no problem, I'd just have to pay the difference. I went from a $250 pair to a $330 pair ( I think those were the state maybe). Those lasted a little over a year, and then fell apart. I never did get charged the difference. At this time, my board was coming apart. I turned it in for warranty and mentioned my bindings failing, and they warrantied them again. I got the Team bindings this time, I think they were 2011 model, maybe 2010. The laces started ripping out on them in less than 3 months. I still have them, and continue to spider wire sew them back together as they rip out. I got a Ronix One board and bindings before last season, and they held up with no issues last year. I use the Hyperlite set up as my loner board for everyone else that comes out. I'm the only one using my Ronix set up. I got tired of other people wearing out my expensive gear.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
I had a Byerly board that cracked, which is part of the same company as far as warranty service and was treated extremely well!
Old     (anketell3)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-23-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
My experience with them has been great! My system binding ladders started to strip so I messaged them on Facebook and they got right back to me. Within a week they had sent me a brand new ladders and some extras. Great group of guys over at hyperlite definitely will keep doing business with them!
Old     (wakesetter1989)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-23-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
A little while back our "bigger" cousin ripped our bindings. We emailed Jesse over at Hyperlite and he hooked us up with some replacement bindings. We love the new bindings and use them all the time. On another occaision, my brother ripped his bindings out of his older Hyperlite motive board. We contacted the dealer where we purchased the board and they said that nothing could be done. We contacted Jesse again over at Hyperlite and now my brother is riding a new Forefront. Hyperlite is a stand-up, respectable company from our experience and will continue to get our business in the future.
Old     (Boost_GSXR)      Join Date: May 2012       03-23-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
awesome, glad to hear you guys are having good luck with them. the reason i asked is i bought the 2011 system bindings new last year mid season and the 2012 murrey boots. the binding straps are stripping out and the boots are coming apart. I emailed Hyperlite at the end of the season and did not hear back form them. Kinda forgot about it until now, the season is about to start in a month or so and i'd like to get the stuff fixed. I emailed them again last week and I have not heard back from them yet. how have you guys been getting a hold of them? thier web site doesnt have a direct email address.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       03-24-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have had troubles getting response back from them too, via email. Ive called them before to get new lace locks and replacement fins. They have super awesome customer, they are really friendly and more than whiling to help you! I have had to do this twice and both times worked out great. They shipped the stuff out the same day I called and it was at my house in about three days. I just called their 800 number thats on their website.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-24-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
My experience with Hyperlite has been outstanding. I had a post earlier in the year on here where I was wanting to trade someone for some smaller fins and a HL rep PM'd me on the side and asked for my mailing address - two days later, I had a set of brand new smaller fins for my board free of charge (and the fins are about $20 a piece.....I needed four of them). I wouldn't hesitate to buy another product from Hyperlite - and my primary board is a Liquid Force or SlingShot.
Old     (Boost_GSXR)      Join Date: May 2012       03-25-2013, 9:35 AM Reply   
I'll try the 800 number, they probably get overloaded with e-mails. Understandable for a larger company.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       03-25-2013, 11:23 AM Reply   
Great. You will get good service if you go back through your dealer, who will have a contact.
Old     (HypeWar)      Join Date: May 2011       03-27-2013, 9:37 PM Reply   
Hey Brandon, did you get my PM?
Old     (Boost_GSXR)      Join Date: May 2012       04-06-2013, 7:40 PM Reply   
I normally do not check my pm's often, but i did get your pm when I just check. Thank you, I will email you.
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-28-2013, 6:28 AM Reply   
From my experience, hyperlite really takes care of their customers. Jesse has helped me out a few times and definitely goes above and beyond for his customers.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-12-2013, 6:51 AM Reply   
they have taken care of me great..
Old     (Boost_GSXR)      Join Date: May 2012       04-17-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
Wanted to give an update on my customer service experience.

Well, just like most everyone says, it’s great. Big thanks to Hyperlite for having great customer service and more specifically Jesse McMeel. I wasn’t very pro-active in the beginning while trying to contact them, actually not at all proactive so it did take a little bit to get in touch with them. But once I got in touch with Jesse my experience was great, super-fast emailing back and forth, great communication, courteous and taken care off in more than an efficient manner. I will definitely keep on buying their products with confidence.

Thanks again Jesse and Hyperlite!!
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-17-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
These guys have been on point for as long as I have been wakeboarding and working at the shop. Thanks Gentlemen!!!