Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
Im in need of a new rope-what brand is good and wheres the best deal on it?????thankz all
Old    wakecord            07-28-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
Paul:

We have a 70' 3-section spectra rope (WakeCord) and Fly-High Ultra-Light handle combination for a good price. Cords only too.
http://www.wakecord.com/cords.htm

Good equipment, entry-level price.
Of course, I'm biased.

Do a search here and you'll find lots of opinions on different ropes.

(Message edited by wakecord on July 28, 2004)
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-28-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
I've got the Accurate Lines Jacket series rope with the Parks Carbon Fiber handle, great setup! The rope is ultra light, floats like a cork, and doesn't tangle. I got it pro-dealed along with a surfboard and vest but if you're paying full price it can be fairly expensive.
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-29-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
Iam also in the market for a rope(girlfriend found reverse).She killed my accurate jacket(gray).So far on the net...$99.00
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
Wild bill-is that accurate jacket one of the shoestring size?? its hard to tell from pictures. The picture on ur profile....is that you???? if so Im highly impressed!!!!!!!!
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
Speaking for Bill on this one but that pic in his profile is none other than George Banana Blair. A very stand up guy and Grandpa.
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-30-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
The mans a stud...I just had to use him...no one can forget the banana man...cool websites dedicated to this legend.
As far as the rope deal..yeah shoe string size. I still cant get over the fact that she killed my rope(I need therapy)You should have heard the sound it make when these things break.I havent calmed down enough to check if any damage to prop/shaft on my new boat.Luckily we were just off the ramp.This time Im buying the brightest rope I can find.I really liked the jacket rope.I have the carbon handle.You can feel the flex in the handle..nice to grip all day.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-30-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
i and several riding buddies have had wakecord.com's ropes for several (like 5) seasons now. it is an EXCELLENT product. other than some sun fading, they are still in perfect shape. i also have a yellowjacket, and i prefer the wakecord. they're lighter, thinner, and more supple, and if you do get a knot you can get it out (soak in dishsoap and tap with hammer). knots in YJs are permanent because it crushes the neoprene core. again, wakecord is an awesome product at an awesome price.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
SL - Straightline Viper
Old    wakecord            07-30-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliment on WakeCord, Trace. I have a cord from the original spool (1996)still in my boat. The day-glo orange has faded to a light pink, but it still works.

There may be some folks that think we build 'em too good.

A few years back a guy with a stern-drive called and told me he'd wrappped up his cord in his prop. He ran over it I guess, it does float after all.

The $49 cord survived, his $4000 gear-case did not.

(Message edited by wakecord on July 30, 2004)