Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old    siegech            10-31-2006, 11:17 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard of or had any problems with MB Boats hulls? I have a 2003 B-52 V3 Team Edition with the front ballast tanks. My buddy and I recently noticed a 12" fracture not only in the gelcoat but down through the fiberglass, enough to leak quite a bit of water. Anyone heard of this being a problem with MB's?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-01-2006, 6:09 AM Reply   
Any boat manufacturer can build a bad boat and they do from time to time. If the crack is as bad as you describe and not just a gelcoat crack it shold be coverd under there warranty get it to a dealer ASAP
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-01-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
Go talk to your local MB dealer. If it is a legit defect, I know MB will take care of you. I hope it isn't from freezing though. If you did not drain your bow tank and it froze, it will break stuff, just like the water in your engine.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-01-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Amen...lifetime warranty on the hull, 5yr on the gelcoat, you're good to go unless ya did something nutty :-)
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-01-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
thank god for that warranty!!!!not that i have ever had to warranty anything! on any of the 3 mb's i have owned over the years
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-01-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Warranties from ANY boat manufacturer are only worth the quality of the dealer and/or manufacturer. I have seen and heard of all sorts of cases and reasons as to why a warranty is not Honored...
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-01-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
a good dealer will warranty anything they can pass bc they get paid for the work. I have never heard of a business not want work.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
make them warranty it. stick on them about it antill they get it fixed.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-04-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
email Mike him self. He acutally dose get back to people. They should cover it.
A buddy of mine who has a 78 Sanger Super Jet that his mom & Dad purchaced new. about 5 yrs ago got some excessive stress cracks in it. Sanger brought it to the factory, replaced the one bad stringer in it, repaired the jel coat, & it was free. They diden't pay for any of the carpet but who cares it was a 78. Needed carpet anyway. If you are the original owner MB should take care of you.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-04-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   

quote:

a good dealer will warranty anything they can pass bc they get paid for the work. I have never heard of a business not want work.

I used to think the same thing. I have been jerked around before on warranty work, though, and my understanding now is that dealers are usually paid less hourly for warranty work than normal service rates. A crappy dealer that is busy with normal service will avoid warranty work if they can.

That's not a commentary on anything with this particular situation, just what I ran into in my case. (not with an MB, either)
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-04-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
Trace thats true the dealers get paid about 40 percent less than what they should get paid
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-05-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
"should get paid", should be changed to "what they would charge", LOL!
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-06-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Any update?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-06-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
...or maybe change it to "what is a fair hourly rate". :-)
Old    siegech            11-14-2006, 10:44 PM Reply   
Just wanted to give an update, MB lived up to it's great reputation for customer service. Between the dealer and the Factory everything worked out. Another satisfied MB customer, I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to buy a new boat. I have a couple friends interested now and will recommend MB to them for sure.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-14-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
i love how he has two post and his profile list a salesmanager..We need to have a screening process for wakeworld
Old    siegech            11-14-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
Nate I was under the impression Forums were public places to get information. Maybe I should have checked in with you before I asked a question. Just a happy MB customer thats all, sorry I didnt want a malibu.
Old     (cdl)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-15-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
Nate - what did you mean by the sales manager comment?

Chad - just bought a MB , glad to here they live up to their reputation.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-15-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
I think forums are great, I come here for information as well as share.

The problem with wakeworld is every year towards the end of the season and beginning its a fight of who's boat is better started by salesmen from the boat industry. The forums turn from information to spam real quick.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-24-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
uh, Happy?
your boat cracked for no apparent reason?
Well, yeah they did fix it...geez
I think this speaks less of the quality in the first place.
Buy a Sanger!
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-27-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
Buy a Sanger? Surely you jest!
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-29-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
What's a Sanger? Anyway, most boat makers like Mastercraft, Malibu, Tige, Supra, MB etc... all have lifetime hull warranties and if your looking at a boat that doesn't, go somewhere else. I've seen what a well used boat looks like after a few years with no hull/floor warranty.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
Yes, they all have warranties but how many of the dealers/manufacturers try to weasel their way out one? I have seen more than a few...Some say you hit something (4 marine surveyors couldn't find a point of impact), some say you were using the wrong trailer (it was the trailer that dealer sold with the boat), others cry fraud.

"I could s*#t in a box and put a warranty on it, but it's still s*#t in a box!!"
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-29-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Red, I like your analogy. I will say I am a very happy MB owner. MB took care of all my warrant issues, as small as they were, without question. I have read post on here about every boat manufactuer with a similiar situation. Stuff happens. It wouldn't deter me from getting another MB. Here is an example: I had a 2001 Ford F350(diesel). It was in and out of the shop. I finally had a new motor put in at 28K miles. All my friends with their Fords haven't had any problems. So I figured I got the one when the workers were having a bad day. I have since bought another ford product. My 2 cents.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
It wasn't my analogy, it was Tommy Boy's reworded. I wasn't knocking MB BTW, just pointing something about warranties out.

"I could s*@t in a box and slap a guarantee on it, but it would still just be a guaranteed piece of s*@t!"
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
Hey Red, yeah I have heard of people getting screwed out of warranty work but if the dealership wont warranty the work call the factory and complain about the dealership they are using to sell their product. They sent a rep out from the corprete office for a friend of mine. Got the work done, no problems.
Old    abadsvt            12-02-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Tommy Boy is one of the funniest movies of all time!!!!!! Good to hear that MB took care of it with no prob! I might be a MB owner soon so it is good to hear that.