Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       11-15-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
I plan on adding tower speakers to the boat. I am in the preliminary stages of laying it out. Nothing fancy.. just two tower speakers for now. Searching the site I did find that MC has a cut out under the drivers console for a sub..So I assume that they planned ahead for upgrades. The main questions I have before I start cutting and drilling are.. 1. Is the raised area on the walkthrough side under the passenger storage compartment plywood that you can screw the amp into? dont want to screw up and have screws sticking out the fiberglass.. 2. Should I unbolt the front tower support and drill a hole in its footprint for the speaker wires to come down into the compartment. I can already see that I will have to drill a hole in the tower in two places like the running light on the drivers side.. just didn't know what is under the front bottom support. I plan on running the remote wire to the acc switch so I can only run the onboard speakers without the tower always on.. but can I go straight under the ski locker or route it around the front of the boat and then back to console.. I am sure alot of the questions could be answered by just tearing into it... but wanted to ask and see if anyone had installed there own and could make my life easier or had any better ideas.. Thanks in advance... Patrick
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-15-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
I did my own install on my X2, use the link from my profile for the quick overview. First do not use the cut out for a free air sub. If anything remove the panel and build a subbox in its place. I put in dual 12" subs in the rear compartment. The thick part of the walkthrough is thick enough to drill into, however, I chose to mount my amps on a board that would be supported by my additional battery enclosure along the hull. As for wiring through the tower, if you unbolt it you will see where you need to drill the deck. I would pull wires all at once even for future speakers because it is a pain to do it later. I ran all the wires back and forth around the front of the boat, since I didn't want wires in the KGB locker. If you have any other questions you can PM me.