Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            03-03-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
In a related thread we beat up the reputation of Skier's Choice, Inc. In their OLD safety letter they recommended that Wakesurfing not be allowed. The American Wakesurfing Association, along with others asked SC, Inc. to reconsider it's position.

I am HAPPY to say that the shareholders and management of Skier's Choice, Inc. have done just that and revised their safety letter to remove any and references to wakesurfing:

http://www.supraboats.com/safety/safetyletter.html

In my discssions with the folks at Skier's Choice, Inc, they were always respectful and professional towards me, yet also firm in their dedication to the safety and well-being of their customers and the boating public at large. They also made it clear that they wouldn't be bullied.

It is my understanding that management did their own research, and formed their own conclusions. Subsequently revising any reference to wakesurfing being dangerous.

Personally, I believe it takes a great deal of courage to make changes in policy and we should all give our respect and gratitude to Skier's Choice, Inc for their efforts and consideration. Even collectively, we wakesurfers are a pretty small group, Skier's Choice, Inc gave us the respect of listening. For that, we do owe them our regard.

Behind Ed Geary and his tat :-) I want to be the next in line to say: Skier's Choice, Inc. ROCKS!
and Thanks.