Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    mdwicker            08-09-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
There are some good ones but my favorites are
Barts, and buywake.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
boardstop.com
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-09-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
www.wakeside.com
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-09-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
www.buywake.com
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-09-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeside.com
http://www.perfski.com
http://www.boardersparadise.com
http://www.beyondwatersports.com
http://www.boardco.com
http://www.munsonski.com
http://www.ridersrefuge.com
http://www.gotriver.com
http://www.tssshop.com
http://www.theboardshack.com
http://www.mlxs.com

Support the shops that support you by bringing you WakeWorld! :-)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-09-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
www.grizzly-sports.com
just cut prics on all 05 gear!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-09-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
www.grizzly-sports.com

Ordered from them for years now. Best customer service that I've ever had period.
Old    murrayair            08-09-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
I love wakeside.com's rewards program. After I bought my bindings two months ago (and some other stuff before that) I had enough points saved up to get the Book and several other dvds for free! It was great!
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
why don't you guys get off you're computer and go visit your local shop. the local shops are the ones that support most of the local events. any wake shop i've been in has better pricing and customer service than the online guys. plus if you buy things from them they remember you and hook you up in the future.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-09-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   

WWW.WAKESIDE.COM
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-09-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
Agreed David.
Online is necessary, but when someone lives in the same town as a shop, goes to that shops events, returns torn boots to that shop... Buy from that shop. If I owned shop and some kid showed up to an event that I put weeks into promoting and organizing with a board he bought from buywake.. It would rub me a bit.
This arguement could go on for hours.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-09-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
www.wakegiant.com

I just ordered a handle from them and it was here in 2 days, and now they're blowin' out LF stuff.

I went to the local shop to get the handle I wanted and they said they would get it for me, and call me. I called 3 times and they never got it...and they never called me once.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-09-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
If I was that shop, I wouldn't get pissed. I'd find out why they bought it from the online shop instead of mine. In fact, I might even go up to the kid and ask that very question. If he's buying from an online shop and he lives in my town, then I'm failing to meet his needs in some way and I need to remedy that situation if I want to stay in business.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-09-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
thanks for the reminder Thane. I forgot about that place.
on another note, does anyone know how these glasses compare in size to the normal microflys?
http://www.wakegiant.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=142
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-09-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
David K...oftentimes the online guys are also the local shop to somebody...I would hope that customer service would be equal.

Also remember that most brands have minimum ad prices which govern prices in many ways including what can be put on web shops. In store pricing can be whatever the owner wants...online the owner can't put them as low. That means that often prices are better in a shop than online until the MAP deadline has passed.

Those with a strong local shop should use them...many people however don't have that nearby, so a quality online store is the best source.
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-10-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
Oh yeah grizzly-sports.com rules! They also have a retail location in Washington. Trust me I end up spending half my paycheck there.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
also buywake is ambush, a local shop in georgia, and they throw all sorts of local events there! plus i've partied with some of the guys and they are cool as can be
Old    kmanaz            08-10-2005, 11:03 PM Reply   
Anyone in AZ looking to buy some new gear must check out the Board Shack. They have the best service around hands down. Everytime I have a question or a problem with a purchase they have been more than willing to help out. Truly a credit to our sport. They also have a web site.
Old     (melan_mobe)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2005, 1:27 AM Reply   
www.boardstop.com support quality not sponsors
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2005, 4:35 AM Reply   
wakeside.com & buywake.com
Old    mdwicker            08-11-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
What about www.Bartswatersports.com they're good too
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
grizzly is only good if all you're looking for is hyperlite.
Old    r_dub            08-11-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
Same problem I have with my local shop.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-11-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
grizzly carries LF

wakeside is dumping 05 LF bindings right now, better hurry.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
i guess i'm wrong, sorry. it's just that i've always known them to sell nothing but hyperlite, and when i checked out their site earlier to confirm, that's all i saw, were hyperlites.
Old    aceofspades            08-11-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
Adrenaline watersports is good real cheap stuff
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-11-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
"www.boardstop.com support quality not sponsors"

Wacko Jacko, explain your post. I'm confused.}
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-11-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
No Grizzly's sells Liquid Force also and soon CWB. They just haven't had an opportunity to update there site with product.
Old     (melan_mobe)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
Why should you buy from a company because it sponsors wakeworld?
Old    mdwicker            08-14-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
yeah
Old    sking55405            08-14-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
www.buywake.com

and

www.wakeside.com
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-16-2005, 5:38 AM Reply   
http://www.glassandpowder.com/
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-16-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
www.wakeboardroom.com
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
www.buywake.com
www.grizzly-sports.com
i like grizzly the best for boards and bindings but i buy the rest at buy wake
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-16-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
"Why should you buy from a company because it sponsors wakeworld?"

Because the forum on which you rant, is brought to you by Wakeworld. Wakeworld is possible because of the sponsors. Support those who support you.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-16-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
Duh!!
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
www.glassandpowder.com
They put on loads of tournaments and clinics in Virginia and everyone who works there rides.
Later
Tiffany
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
www.wakeside.com

don't even try to say they're not the best online shop.

i bought my current setup off the internet last year and regret it. yes i saved a TON of money, but i wish i had spent the extra dough and supported my local shop, *shameless plug*wakesports unlimited. they're extremely knowledgeable and customer service is off the HEEZY! also, if they don't have something you want it'll be there in a few days from the manufacturer.

i'll def be in there when the 06 stuff comes in to demo and buy.

Old     (mgswed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
Has to be www.wakeside.com. Good guys to work with plus they price match. Cant stop ordering quality stuff through them. -MG
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-18-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
No CWB on Wakeside? I bet they'll wish they had it this year.
Not a huge fan of the online shops as they don't hold the tourney's and events I like to go to. I do know they are great as there are no shops in certain parts of this country, but if you have a shop close by... visit them. If they don't have what you want, ask for it. Then tell them to start their own website so you don't have to drive to their place every time.
Old    natxbrotha            08-18-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
www.grizzly-sports.com has taken care of me... especially when my drysuit ripped and BARE wanted to charge me for it when it was under warranty! grizzly took the hit for it and hooked me up. get in touch with RV at grizzly
Old     (bc3)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-18-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
Support your local shop...way better customer service than an online retailer. Might pay a touch more than online, but it's worth it when you can drive down the street and swap out those broken bindings/board/handle with no hassle.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
SoCalRider, Brandon and anyone else who thinks poorly of online retailers, actually The Board Shack www.theboardshack.com sponsors local comps and is an Az local shop as well. Plus the guys that run it are two of the awesomest people out there, who are really stoked on the sport. They are on the opposite side of town for me but I'm sure I'll make the trip again.

Case in point: My cousin's Parks overlays ripped (for the fifth time) and he took them in to Skipro, where he bought them and which is just down the street from me. After a week he called and they had no clue what he was talking about until he finally got someone who said, "Oh, I think these are yours, I'll order the overlays."

I lost a laces clip off my Nice RG1s and Troy at the Boardshack called Nice and had a piece to me in less than a week. Plus at the Boardshack they actually took me out on their own boat to demo the RG1s. I didn't have to pay a demo fee and they wouldn't even let me chip in for gas.

If you have a local shop this cool then by all means support them, but if you get blown off until you show cash or don't have a local shop then definitely check out The Board Shack.
Old     (utter_twat)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
For my boys in the UK go 2 www.princes-shop.co.uk

Great Shop, Not the best prices but they've got a sick local store and you can demo pretty much anything they've got!
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
deff. try wakeside.com, i have to agree with others here that their reward system is awesome.
Grizzly-sports.com is also a very good place. excelent customer service. My friend had a problem w/ his credit card and his board was delayed, so they sent a free pair of bindings with it. The bindings wernt expensive or anything, but it was the thought that mattered.

See i knew clicking on this thread there would be some guy, not going to say any names, cough david k cough cough, that didnt realize that this threads purpose was to talk about peoples favorite online wake shop, not the local shops, wanna talk about them? start your own **** thread. Anyhoo, @ my local shop I put in a request order durning may for a pair of boots. Long story short, they said it would bee a week, they never called i called three weeks later they said wait two more weeks, I havnt been there since. in addition to that they charge twice what the online guys charge. Im not the one to bust on local shops, im just laying down the facts.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-18-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
i'd rather support an online retailer than a shop that bad-mouths other shops and refuses to carry cwb because their products are "subpar to hyperlite and liquid force," which coincidentally, are the brands the shop carries.
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-18-2005, 9:45 PM Reply   
If you're in the Redding Area, Boardmart for your Hyperlite goods and The Sports Cottage for Liquid Force and Double Up. Both are great shops with really good people. Both sponsor the INT at Shasta and sponsor local riders.