Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    tcboarder            06-29-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
im lookin into a 21 xti, but on the site it say 39000 without trailer. whats the price of the trailer, and if you have perchised an xti what did you payments come out to be and what did you put down, thanks
Old    heavywake            06-29-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
I paid 37k for my 03'ws21xti. The trailer (Extreme)was 3k. Love it!
Old    zboomer            06-29-2004, 3:29 PM Reply   
There's a pretty cool retail price configuration tool at this Malibu Dealer's site, http://www.smoothwatersports.com/quoteaboat/boatstore.cfm.

Too bad Malibu doesn't have one on their main site, like Skier's Choice does. Getting a "sticker price" from my local Malibu dealer in Austin made me believe it didn't even exist anyplace but over the rainbow. (they were nebulous as hell)

Malibu doesn't ship trailers with their boats, so your local dealer will get his trailers from another supplier. You'll have to find out what they cost from him, since trailer prices vary.
Old    tcboarder            06-29-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
wow, thanks for that site, but it just showed me that an XTi is way outta my price range. even the wakesetter is gonna strap me but i want it, so ill just hafta make it work, maybe less options or something. thanks again, Kevin
Old    zboomer            06-30-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
Well, Malibu's are considered a "premium" boat and you pay for the niceties. Many think it's worth it, to some it's not (or they can't afford it.)

If even a base wakesetter is too much, you might look into something like a Mobius, or test the used market.
Old    tcboarder            06-30-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
i know that a malibu is a premium boat, my father has a response LX, that is why i want a malibu becuase my family has had malibu boats for as long as i can remember. its not that i cant afford it but with only a part time job i wouldnet have much extra money for fun if i buy a malibu. but im thinking that having the XTi would be fun enough. i'm going to the malibu dealer sometime this week to see exictly what the payments will be for the base wakeseter and the XTi. and i will go from there
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       06-30-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
Yeah, you have to know that the price on Smooth Water's site is just an MSRP. You could get the boat a lot cheaper, especially if it is a leftover. Not sure how many leftover '03s are out there, but you could get a pretty good deal I am sure.
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-01-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Start with the MSRP price than negotiate ~10% to 20% depending on negotiating skill and dealer's willingness, that should be about what you end up paying for it. (If new, unused...)
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
Keep in mind the 05' wakesetter model will be called the I-ride. Check on the used boat section on Malibuboatowners.com