Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-08-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
So much better than the old one, more organized and the layout is sick. It has all the 09' gear on it as well as close out sales on old boards and boots. Check it out!

http://buyslingshotsports.com/wakeboarding
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
nice!
i have been checkin' off and on for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

soo, do ALL of the boards have the "Dura Base?" it is listed under the "FEATURES & ADVANTAGES" for each of the boards and not just the Reflex.

Also i noticed a new thing under the features and advantages too, "HDLW (High Density Light Weight) PVC rails and tips - Extremely impact resistant and tunable." how is this different then the ABS used of the past?
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-08-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
All boards have the Dura Base and thats magic! Another magical thing is HDLW.

Without techin out to much this material is a better for sidewall construction because its more flexible and better splinter/crack resistant then the ABS.

All boards are still tunable. Which is sweet for SS riders, so they can dial in there board for there personal style and preference. How many boards on the market can do that? And how many riders even care?

Flexnwake out!

Upload
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-08-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
How are the boards "tuned"?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-08-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
Do the new boards have the wider stance option like Company? I thought someone said they will go out to 26" as well??
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
Thanx flex'n'wake,
good to hear that abs "spider cracking" thing i have heard about from time to time was taken care of... and then some. I bet the flex is even MORE TRUE on the new line. wow!

---------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know the exact width specs but i too know i read/heard that they added another pair of inserts on each end to allow even further stance width.

as far as "tuning" i'd imagine that it is similar as before. you can sand down the edges to give it a slower feel in certain areas as desired i.e. more of a beveled edge. i have even heard of people cutting the tips and tails down or even giving them a different shape on a more extreme level, i.e. more of a bat tail kind-a-thing.

slingshot, company, the upcoming humanoid wake, all offer "tunability" ... AND even obrien's flex line (r-5 and local) do as well though it is not really advertised as such (that i have seen). J Jakober cut the tips down on his (local) i know
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-08-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
New website looks good, as does all the new product. Two questions though. First, am I just stupid, or does the site not show length options/graphics options (different lengths, different colours). I am also wondering, why is there what looks like a rubber sole on the bottom of the boots? Couldn't a lot of weight be saved by getting rid of that, like most other companies seem to have done?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
The bottom is thick eva and kinda operates as a frame and additional shock absorption. the actual base plate is very small (like a 4" diameter circle) hidden underneath, so they are actually somewhat light considering. Company must of thought they were great, because they use the same base.

as for the limitations to seeing one graphic of each board... i noticed that too. i am sure they will add them in later and that we will also see them on WW review pages some day too

(Message edited by wakerider111 on December 08, 2008)
Old     (aidansdad)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
Was wondering the same thing. They are gonna offer sizes besides 142, correct?
Old     (jclay5)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-09-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
I was also wondering this... I ride a 141 LF so if I get the recoil shouldn't I need a larger board then 142? It seems like I've been reading that most people are going up in size for the SS boards.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-09-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
Go up in size...they are WAY WAY lighter so even though its a bigger board it will feel smaller.

and you'll get more flex if its longer
Old     (aidansdad)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
how much difference is there in the POP b/w the Recoil/Response? Anything I would notice coming from the transcend?

(Message edited by aidansdad on December 09, 2008)
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-09-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
The other sizes will be up soon.
Old    Slingshot            12-09-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
The stance is wider on the wakeboards for 09. The boards are tunable. What this means is you can take a block and sand paper and round over the edge of the board. The more you round it over, the slower the board will go in the water. Customize your ride to how you want it to ride!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-09-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
i almost expected the Reflex to be priced a bit higher, but it is actually the Recoil.
Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-09-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Really hoping slingshot makes the recoil bigger then just a 142!!!!....please
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-10-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
I think im going response with some pb's this year. soooo sick.