Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (indemand12)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-07-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
I was wondering if any one was going to be riding in the north west area of florida this weekend. I will be in the destin area for some vacation time and would like to get to ride while I am down there. I have gas money, beer, food, etc. what ever woudl be required. I am a has been but I still enjoy getting to ride in new spots and meet new people if any body is up for the same please let me know thanks.
Clark Dudley
Memphis Boat Center
WTWT
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
If we are not boarding up our houses we might be out riding...Kind of a crappy time to be heading down here... I'm sure Bob (the guy with the boat) will jump on here sooner or later and let you know what's going on...

Aaron
Old     (indemand12)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-07-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
Yeah no way to know what the weather is going to do when you make reservations 3 months ago. Oh well just have to make the best of it. So where do you guys ride and what type of boat do you ride behind?
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-08-2005, 6:43 AM Reply   
We ride right out in the intercoastal... We either ride behind my buddy Bob's Monterey (io with a tower and bags, nice boat). Or we ride behind my buddy Steven's SSV. Looks like we won't be riding though. Hurricane is coming and I'm boarding up my house on Saturday morning and getting the hell out of here...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-08-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
It ain't looking good - the projected path takes it right over Destin. Plus, it's heading for the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico and it's already a monster with 150 mph winds.

Y'all be safe!
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-08-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
David, I'm evacuating to Orlando. You looking for a third on Monday or Tuesday? If not, OWC here I come...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-08-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
I work until 5pm, but since this weekend looks shot there's a very good chance we'll be riding on Monday or Tuesday.

I'll PM you my cell #.
Old    ryno007            07-08-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I just got my boat (1990 Ski Supreme) a couple of weeks ago. I'm over in Tallahassee if you ever get over this way. Saturday morning looks rideable, but it's gonna get ugly after that. I may try and get out early down on the Ochlockonee Rv. If you heading through town around then, you're welcome to join me. Shoot me a PM/email and I'll give you a call.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-12-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
David; Thanks for the invite but I took off yesterday afternoon to head back towards home to survey the damage. We did ride yesterday morning at OWC and it was a blast...
Ryan; I'm in Tallahassee right now but I'm heading back to Navarre this afternoon. Next time I'm out here I'll get in touch with you. I'm going to be doing a job in the Tallahassee area in the next month or two so I should be back again soon.
Clark; I hope you didn't actually come down to Destin this past weekend. If you did I hope you didn't get blown away.
Anyway, I'm going back home (if I still have one). Next time any of you get to my area let me know and I maybe able to hook some pulls.
Aaron
Old    ryno007            07-12-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hope you still have a house Aaron, it was ugly up here this weekend. My boat usually sits under a canopy outside my garage. After the first feeder band blew through on Saturday, I put it in the garage and put my car outside up next to the house. Good thing, 'cause the upper half of a pine tree fell right where the ski platform usually is! Crushed part of my fence, but other than that no real damage. Let me know when you're up this way, we'll go out. I've been in and out of town lately on the weekends, but should be in for awhile now. Clark...if you ended up going to Destin, I hope you had a nice vacation in a shelter. Hurricane season sucks...and it's only July...