Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
Hey all,

Jeff and I spent all day Saturday installing the 04 version of speakers for my boat.

Here are some pics of the new setup.

ajfl

sdahg

ad

aa

opiop

The guy that made these for me will sell a pair of either diamond plate, brushed aluminum, or powder coated for $150.00 a pair. The clamps are from Pro-Werks.com for $29.95 each.
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-29-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
Thats pretty cool. The guys in Seattle? You guys go out sunday?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
How do they sound compared to the old box? Have you sound deadend them at all?
Love your profile pic!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
Those look nice!
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-30-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
That's really sweet using the diamond plate, love the look and I've never seen that before.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
Greg,

No we didn't go Sunday, needed to do family duty.
The guy who makes them is a friend of mine.

Darren,

They sound much more full compared to the old setup. I get the same loudness out of them at five digits lower on my deck. I used Dynomat on the rear of the cans to deaden the sound.

Monster,

That's why I went with diamond plate over regular aluminum. I wanted something different than all the other cans out there. I thought it might be too much, but now that the're done I really like the look.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
Maybe I'm too critical. But it seems to me that the welds don't have a real clean look to them. The price is good but the welds bother me.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
A.P.

The pictures distort the look of the welds. They're clean, and when polished out, I think they look awesome.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-31-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
Those are sweet cliff! I thing the welds give it a tuff look. There better be Metallica blasting out of those things!
p.s. Spiked wristbands for everybody in the boat would be perfect too! Great Job again!!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHA,

Would you believe the first thing we played when they were finished was Metallica!!!

I guess the look expresses my musical tastes more than I thought.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-31-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
Heavy metal and clasic rock on my boat! Bring some hip-hop crap and it get tossed in the drink:-)