Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-05-2014, 5:54 AM Reply   
My buddy bought a Lipsnap Carve this summer. I am by no means end expert rider. I have ridden a few ShredStixx, CWB, and a hyperlight long board.
First off this board is very light. I thought my Shedstixx was light but this is noticeably lighter. It has 3 fins and they are placed much more forward than my other boards. I has a loose feel at first but after a couple of falls I got use to it. Again I am more of an intermediate rider and have been working on my airs. This board seems to really release from the wake real nice and I have been able to get my biggest airs with it. (Still not very big though)
I'm thinking after buying one for my self but I'm not sure if I want another Carve or one of their other boards. I really like the way it releases from the wake but I don't know if that is from the fin placement or is there more to it?
Anyone have experience with their other boards?
I am no way affiliated with lipsnap. I just couldn't find much info about them.
Old     (LipSnapWakesurfBoards)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-05-2014, 11:32 AM Reply   
The release has more to do the with the tail design than the fin placement. Just a correction, the Carve board has 4 fins. Our Sonic board was a very similar tail and is also a quad fin configuration with the fins placed in a more typical position toward the rear. The Carve is a good board and some riders prefer it, but the Sonic would be the board I would recommend to advance your riding. When we demo our board models, most riders pick the Sonic over the Carve.

Here are some rider comments on the Sonic board:
"Fastest board I think I've even ridden"
"It let me make some aggressive turns but also release easily for lip slides and airs"
"I like the buoyancy and pop of this model"
"I've never been so far back on a wave and have been able to pump back into the meaty lip of the wave"
"Without a doubt, the most fun I've had on a board"
and lots of "I love it"

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-05-2014, 11:39 AM Reply   
my fault, I meant to type 4 fin.
there isn't much opportunity to demo boards where I live. Erie PA.
We are looking at the Carve and maybe purchasing the Sonic. I know the owner of the board has been in contact with you. It would be nice to Demo before dropping that much coin. Where do you do demo days? We love the Carve but it would make more sense to have two different Lipsnaps between the boats rather than two of the same.

Last edited by nailem; 10-05-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old     (LipSnapWakesurfBoards)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-05-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
The demo's we do are in the Midwest. We partook in the Southern Surfest this year and plan do to again next year as well as similar events. If there are any events in the PA area we would definitely consider participating. Also we are looking for dealers, but do not have any in that area. If you know of a potential dealer in that area, I would be happy to talk with them.

Drop me an IM or email me at contact@lipsnap.com to discuss.