Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-02-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
To those of you that have put wraps and large stickers on your boat....

Have you ever removed stickers/wraps after a year or two to find that the exposed gelcoat fades faster than what was covered up? I was thinking of adding a couple of stickers to my boat, but I don't want to regret it later. I take excellent care of my boat...wiping down after every ride...keeping it waxed etc...

perhaps rotating stickers out and replacing with different ones in different spots would be an idea?

(Message edited by fletch_tx on April 02, 2008)
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Hey Mark, its Rob from San Antonio, did you get the new bu yet. I hear it is gonna be one bad mother. I am planning on heading up on the Brazos trip with Brandon. You gonna be able to make it to our ride with the pros day in SA. The one in Austin is supposed to be on Travis, so I don't think that the water will be Ideal but you never know. Anyway hope you can make it down for that and if not Maybe you would like to get in on an Amistad trip with us in the near future. Shoot me an email with some pics of the new boat when you get it. robertr720@mail.com

Later,
Robert R.
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-02-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
from my experience the surface area covered by the sticker will fade slower
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-02-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
the new bu arrives in 2 weeks or less...the suspense is killin' me dood!

which Brazos trip are you going on...the wedding one? I'm wondering where he'll be staying becaues all the rooms are booked.

I'm definitely down for an Amistad trip if you put one together...I'll help organize and I'll gather some Austin peeps to join us. I'll definitely send ya some pics when the new rig arrives! When is the ride with the pros day?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
i want in on an amistad trip!
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-03-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
It is on April 13th. at Medina Lake. Be sure to sign up early or it may be hard to book a spot. Brandon doesn't seem to plan things out so well, so I will get with him and see what the deal is. Either way I have got to make it out to the Brazos sometime this season. I was thinking of just doing something for the weekend at Amistad. I have a place to stay for free if the crew is smaller, if not then reservations would have to be made.