Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-01-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Any Supra owners sporting Pro-X ballast bags vice their stock bags? I'm looking to replace my rear bags on an 03' SSV with Pro-X Series V-Drive Bags (400#'s each) and was wondering if I need to order the fittings as well or if my present fittings will work. Thanks....
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-01-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
I have an '04 SSV and the fittings worked fine. I didn't need to change them. I'm not sure if the stock fittings changed between '03 and '04?

I can tell you that the 400's were not enough for me. To each his own, but I sold the 400's after two weeks and upgraded to larger sacs. I have some custom sacs in there now that are between 600-750 (depending on how full they are). With these the wake is perfect!

(Message edited by nauty on May 01, 2006)
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
JHG-

To use the Pro X V-drive bags you'll simply need to order the W736 connector for each connection to the bag. That will hook up directly to the black and red Flo-Rite 3/4" connector that is used in your stock system.

I agree with Richard's advice, if you're going to be replacing the bags, just get two Pro X Series Fat Sacs, you don't have to fill them all the way for normal riding, but if you ever end up surfing, you'll appreciate having the extra weight.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-01-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Richard, did you also replace the center sac? How big did you go? Where did you get yours from? I was going to upgrade mine then move the original center sac to the rear and have another 600 custom sac made.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
i just put those bags in my XLV and they are massive! they fit perfect and you don't have to fill them all the way
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-01-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Adam,

Yes, I replaced the center sac with a custom 800 lb sac. I had it made to fit exactly. The 1100 lb GG sac is too big for the compartment and pushes up on the cushions. My sac will push up a little, but not enough to do any damage.

I got them from Boarder's Paradise about a year ago. All three sacs were $286 shipped! I don't think they are selling custom sacs anymore though?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-01-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
do you by any chance remember the dimensions of the center sac? I've used the GG sac in mine before (borrowed a friends) and just filled it abtou 3/4 of the way.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-02-2006, 2:44 AM Reply   
Jason,

Did you get 4 of the W736? Also did you feel the bags made any difference at all to the wake, plus was it worth it? Thanks...
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-02-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
Adam,

Technically my front sac is 769 lbs if filled to the seams without stretching. The dimensions are 75x19x15. However, since we know that sacs stretch beyond their seams, I am guessing that my front sac weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 850 lbs or more when full. I also run with 200 lbs of iron weight lifting plates under the bow seats. This gives me close to 1100 lbs up front when you add in my sub and amps.

I had the sac made to these dimensions so that it would fit exactly in the basement locker. The GG sac that Fly High makes is 1039 lbs when filled to the seams. However, there is no way that this sac can fill to it's seams without pushing the bow cushions up. The GG sac is 80x19x19 (I think...it may be larger?). The compartment in the SSV is only 15" wide, so a 19" wide sac is pointless. Also, anything longer than 75" and the compartment narrows towards the bow, not allowing a longer sac to fill to capacity. You might try Get High Sports. They also used to make custom sacs. I'm not sure if they still are though?

Another thing I did to keep weight in the bow was to add a check valve for the front sac. I noticed that each time I pulled a rider out of the hole, water would drain from the front sac. This was simply because inertia was forcing water out through the drain hose until the boat was up on plane.

After a few sets the front sac would actually lose quite a bit of water. I fixed this by splicing into the drain hose just before the through hull drain fitting, and added a check valve. After I fill up the sac I close the valve. This keeps any water from escaping. The key is you MUST remember to open the valve before you empty the sacs
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-02-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Richard,,

I see our set-ups are close, Supra SSV (your's has way more ballast however), LF Balance and Alphas! All I need to do is add quite a bit of more weight. I've been looking around for custom bags however haven't had much luck. Oh by the way, I'm sure you get much more riding in living in Texas than I do in upstate NY!
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-02-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
Yep, the Balance is the first board I've ridden that completely satisfied me. Before that I had gone through about 5 different boards over the previous two years.

You just need to get your ballast upgraded and you'll be set

An SSV with around 2200-2400 lbs and the wake plate 3/4 up is one of the best wakes I've ridden. I went through three different sizes of sacs before I was able to get it dialed in. I think the 750 lb Pro-X sacs in the back will be fine. You will love your wake.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-02-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
How'd you get the Pro-X 750's in there? The compartment seems barely big enough by measurements to hold much more than the Pro-X V-drive series (400#). So you have two 750's and a custom made centerline bag of around 800#'s. Wow!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
In order to fit a 600lb rear locker sac in mine I had to remove one of the rear panels behind the back seat inside the storage locker on the drivers side in order to allow the bag to fill properly (2004 SSV)
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-02-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Trust me, those 400's will seem tiny in there. My rear sacs are 42x19x19. Not as long as the Pro-X 750's, but plenty large enough to more than fill up the locker. The 750's will be a little too long, but you won't need to fill them all the way.

Your boat has a drain relief, so water will start draining out the side of the boat before the sac can expand enough to put enough pressure on the walls to do any damage. You will be fine with the 750's back there. If I wasn't able to get the custom sacs I have I would have gone with the 750's.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
The custom bags that we (Fly High) have as an upgrade to the factory installed moomba/supra
ballast bags are the Gravity Games Sacs. These sacs were designed with the Skiers Choice Engineers and are not offered by S.C. for liability reasons.
The large center sac part# W850-CHOICE with the dimensions 19x19x88 with an aprox.
weight of 1000-12000 lbs.
The large rear sacs (sold individually) part# W840-CHOICE with the dimensions 19x19x42
with an aprox. weight of 500-600 lbs. each.

NOTE: EACH sac INCLUDES (2) W736 fittings WELDED into the sac and (1) W731 Wally
plug fitting. The W736 are the same fittings that we weld into S.C.'s factory sacs so the upgrade is smooth and simple.

The MSRP or MAP price are as follows:

W850-CHOICE : $360.00 ea.
W840-CHOICE : $240.00 ea.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
P.S. Thanks for all the support Y'all!
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
www.myspace.com/flyhighmfg
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Chris...I'm confused. You can buy the fly high pro x 750 sacs for $150/piece...can't you just add the fittings on those?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-04-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Adam, I ordered the fly high a few days ago from wakeside along with the correct fitting. Total for both bags and 4 fittings was $325.00

Doug
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Doug, are you keeping the same sac in the ski locker or upgrading that too? As of now (new sacs) you'll have 750 (or as much as you can fiil) in each rear locker? I was thinking about having a custom sac made for the ski locker. Isn't the stock sac in the ski locker 600lbs??

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on May 04, 2006)
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-04-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Adam, I an not changing that one. It seems fine.

Mainly doing this for surfing.

ps, still cannot get the floor piece out. Oh well, I can work on that later.

Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
ADAM- All of our sacs (pro x) and custom are made from the same material and with the same type of valves. The accessory fittings are just sold separately.
If you go to our web site www.fatsac.com the fittings that you see on the bags are the ones that come with the sac(s). This will allow you to manually fill your sacs.
If you wanted to integrate your sacs to an automatic system, you would then want to purchase the other fittings.
However, the Gravity Games Sacs come with our ¾” quick connect threaded valves b/c they are made to swap out the factory installed sacs.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-05-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Doug,

Did you remove the panel behind the back seat on the drivers side so that the 750# bag could fit otherwise the compartment is about 10" short of the bag length.

Chris...As much as I want to just go out and buy the GG Bags I'm having reservations due to the price tag. We're talking around $850-900 bucks for the 3-bag set-up. That appears a bit pricey compared to $199 for the V-drives or $325 for two 750#s that Doug got. Your thoughts...
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
here is my mobius XLV with 750s in the rear, they fit perfectly

i have no clue why the gravity games bags cost so much? they are the same company?

i didn't wanna spend $600 on 2 450# bags when i got 2 750# bags for half of that

Upload
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
jhgsupra, I have not received them in yet. First of next week. Thanks for the advice.

Doug
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-05-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
JHG, yes you will have to remove the panel. I had to when I test fit the gravity games bags that a friend let me borrow.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-06-2006, 4:39 AM Reply   
entrust...,

It doesn'r surprise me that those 750#s fit nicely in the back of your XLV. That thing is a monster! Surf's up!!

Doug, please let me know how those 750's fit.
Right now I'm torn between going that route or possibly the Get High Sports Big Bump V-twins (450 ea) for $135. My biggest concern w/ the BB is quality. Not much out there on them.

Chris...work w/ me.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Sorry for the delay...I totally agree that the GG are pricey.
By all means go with the W707 (Pro X Series Fat Sac) @ 750lbs if it works best for your boat AND your checkbook.

The reason the GG are so expensive is because they are made on more of an individual basis. So the line is stopped to make the Customs and they take at least twice as much time to mfg.

But in all honestly, not trying to tute my (fly high's) own horn, but it is in your best interest to go with Fly High's sacs, at the least use us for our Guarantee?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
Jhgssupra, I got them in and they fit. I did have to remove the panel on the drivers side only. Can't wait till Saturday. Going from 500 lbs to 1500 lbs should produce a wicked wake.

Adam, Thanks for all the advice on how to get them to fit.

Jason(wakeside), Thanks for all your help.

Doug
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-09-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
custom sacks are still made by www.gethighsports.net

i had a bow sac made custom to spec for around 150.