Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-03-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
I just did a search and couldn't find any topics about this boat so I thought I would start one up.

I rode in one of these for a week at Lake Powell this summer (I believe it was the GG edition) and I was pretty blown away. I'm curious why no one is talking about it, any thoughts?

Please no bashing, I'm just very curious what everything thinks compared to the "standard" XStar and VLX and such. What are some things you liked or didn't like about the Supra?

Just some things I really liked.
1) Seating and overall layout. Very nice with a full, permanent rear facing seat behind the driver. Lots of rear facing seating in this boat. Lots of room in general, of course, it is 24' long.
2) Wake with stock GG ballast. With the stock ballast and 4-5 people, the wake was massive and really kicked me around. I was used to my super steep 93 Sport Nautique wake with ~2400 lbs and basically no transition. The Supra seemed to be really thick and meaty with a smooth transition and a surprising lip. It was big enough that I was riding 10 ft out from normal and still landing way out in the flats.
3) The cargo bimini. I'm shocked that there haven't been other designs like this. This thing is sweet. Unlock two pins and you have access to store 2-3 more wakeboards or surfboards. It is completely out of the way. I also liked that it seemed taller than most bimini's. I'm 6'7" and didn't seem to notice ducking out of the way too much.

These are just a few of things I liked. I didn't mean for this to be such a long post. Any other comments or concerns other have had with this boat? Thanks

Adam